Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Announcements / Re: Forum/Server Upgraded (August 2020)
Last post by Richard Woodroffe -
I found that the conversion of a text url into a link was a bit flakey compared to what used to be there.
It may be just getting used to it. However, the box disappeared several times before I managed to get it to work. In the end, I just completed the top box and left the second box empty and this seemed to give me the same result that the old one gave.

The option to create a list does not work properly (IMHO)
When selecting a list to prefix each line with a bullet, the system does not apply a bullet to each line but only to the complete list.
If however, you then try and do each specific line as an individual list "[ li ]" then each line starts and ends "[ list ]" "[ /list ]"
General Discussion / Using Soundfonts with NoteWorthy Composer
Last post by Richard Woodroffe -
Many of you are already using Soundfonts with NoteWorthy Composer. For those of you that don't, perhaps it's because you do not know how to set up NoteWorthy to use them.

 I have written a step by step guide to setting up Coolsoft's VirtualMIDISynth and using soundfonts with NoteWorthy Composer. Written mainly for version 2.75 but will also work with earlier versions although the instructions may not quite match.

This can be found here :

There is a pdf instruction tutorial to download as well as a resource pack. The resource pack contains all you need to follow through the worked examples given in the instruction tutorial.

The Tutorial includes the following:
  • Link to download file, Setup and installation of Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth
  • 6 nwc music files, 4 Soundfonts, 1 nwcitree, 1 info document
  • Worked example of using a GM Soundfont
  • Worked example of replacing an Instrument in a GM Soundfont using a single Instrument Soundfont
  • Worked example of a multi bank single instrument soundfont
  • Worked example of using Percussion sets
  • Worked example of using Special Effects from GM Soundfonts
  • Worked example of adding a second device so that NoteWorthy can have 30 instruments on 15 channels (and 2 drum sets on 1 percussion channel)

My thanks to  @SEBC for the need and inspiration to do this.
Thanks also to @Lawrie Pardy for being a sounding board for some of it (Pun intended).
General Discussion / Re: Scriptorium Update
Last post by Richard Woodroffe -
The Scriptorium has been updated with works submitted by :

Richard Woodroffe   Instructions on setting up and using Soundfonts using Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth
Richard Woodroffe   Die Schöne Müllerin - Des Müllers Blumen (The miller’s flowers)  (Schubert)   
Mike Gibson   Credo   (Merbecke)   
Bertrand Vanbrabant   Wo man lacht und lebt , Op 108   (Strauss, Eduard)   
John Hooper    Athalia    (Handel)

If you would like to be notified every time the Scriptorium is updated, please send an e-mail  requesting Scriptorium Update
notification to scriptoman "at" tiscali "dot" co "dot" uk

Stay safe


Announcements / Re: Forum/Server Upgraded (August 2020)
Last post by Mike Shawaluk -
If anyone is still using RSS feeds, I would be interested to hear how you utilize them.
I still use them, through the web-based aggregator The Old Reader. This particular forum's RSS shows both new posts and replies to those posts, which I like. Some other forums will only include new posts in their feeds, so the aggregator doesn't show follow-up messages.

I like to be able to visit a single site in the morning, that will show me all of the sites I follow that have had new messages posted.
Announcements / Re: Forum/Server Upgraded (August 2020)
Last post by David Palmquist -
One other glitch which could be problematic.  Show most recent posts at the top functionality works but replies are numbered dynamically from the most recent to the original posting. 

An example is this page, where your original message is at the moment labelled "Reply #10 - 2 days ago."  The first reply was from Francis, his reply is labelled "Reply #9 - 2 days ago."  Opagust's is "Reply #4 - 2 days ago."
Today's messages in any particular target will be Reply #1, Reply #2, etc. with Reply #1 apparently being the newest. 

This means when someone else replies, the newest reply will be #1, the next oldest becomes #2, the next one will be bumped from #2 to #3, etc.   If you can change the numbering so the original message isn't labelled as a reply and each reply is numbered in the order it's received by the server, it will be easier to refer to a particular message. 

(Your Reply #3 – A day ago changed to Reply #4 – A day ago after my previous reply was accepted.)

Announcements / Re: Forum/Server Upgraded (August 2020)
Last post by David Palmquist -
Hey, Eric, long time no see.  Welcome back!

You asked for glitch reporting -
My browser is Opera.  I believe it is similar to Chrome.
The new screen for New Posts is full width (  :D ), but only half the height (  :-\  ) of the window.  There's a stylized scroll bar to the left - nice to have but maybe not essential. 

The bottom half of the window is grey, with the words

Powered by ElkArte 1.1.6 | CreditsRSS
Page created in 0.012 seconds with 16 queries.

and over to the right, a coloured icon which, when clicked, opens the source page (html code for the page).

Powered by ElkArte 1.1.6 and CreditsRSS are hyperlinks.  I don't mind ElkArte's plug, but it would be more useful / userfriendly if the grey space took up much less of the screen area.

Object Plugins / Re: (2.2a)
Last post by Mike Shawaluk -
The object has been updated, with the following changes:

  • The embedded "Toggle" user tool will now clone parameter values from a prior arpeggio. Those preferring the original tool behavior can use "Toggle (old)".

Please refer to the parent post for additional information.