Skip to main content
Topic: Forum Profiles (Read 24694 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Profiles

As I follow these forums (fora?) I sometimes get curious about where some of the contributers live. I've noticed that many regular contributers have never filled out their location on their profile. I only recently added mine, even though I've been a minor contributer for years. So I'm hoping everyone who sees this (unless you have a strong reason to remain anonymous) to update your profile with your location. (Just for my own curiousity.)

Re: Forum Profiles

Reply #1
Greetings to Albany from St. Louis
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
...and from Medford, Oregon.

Reply #3
And from Zoersel, Belgium, Europe.
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #4
Jacksonville, Florida, USA.

... Named for the guy on the US 20 dollar bill.  Quite a good town for music, with a strong symphony orchestra (last weekend we attended a concert of a Tan Dun work, Dvorak's violin concerto, and the Sibelius second symphony -- huge brass and strings).  This coming weekend, a choral concert.  Lots of impromptu music happening around town.

It's a pleasure working with NoteWorthy Composer.  No other music software has such a supportive users community, together with the treasure of the NWC Scriptorium.

Joe

Reply #5
The Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia.  Not far from a city called Gosford and within the same urban sprawl. 

Though not for much longer I hope, the wife and I are looking for a "tree change".  I grew up in "the scrub" and wish to return.  I just have to find a place where I can get a sufficient "trombone fix" in local bands and musical societies - anything within 50 or 60 km would be fine... ;)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Jackson Mississippi, which Andrew Jackson visited before he died.  We are famous for the Appalachian Drawl, taking two syllables to pronounce storm and three syllables to say oil.

I have used NWC to help with choral training in the past (not in a chorus now) and violin music.  As a former computer programmer I now as a hobby put together web pages to provide timing tables for old VCRs, solve the triangle peg puzzle at Cracker Barrel, and create or modify nwctxt.  My current project is modifying Pentuplet.htm to handle tuplets (tuples?!?) other than 5.
Since 1998

Reply #7
Medford is the county seat of Jackson County, Oregon, named for the same president as Jackson, Mississippi and Jacksonville, Florida. That guy sure was popular....

(We have a Jacksonville here, too - once the county seat of Jackson County, now just a small suburb of Medford, which is a city of about 80,000 people set in the middle of mountains, pear orchards, and vinyards. The university in Ashland, right next door, is a designated performing arts center for the state university system. It's a great place to live.)

Reply #9
Greetings from Heverlee - Leuven - Belgium - Europe

Reply #10
   And more greetings, from Cambridge, England - that's the old one in the UK, not the new one in the US.

MusicJohn, 10/Nov/11

Reply #11
Delta, BC, Canada, in the southwest corner of mainland Canada.

(Delta takes its name from being on the Fraser River delta)

Reply #12
Greetings from Helsinki, Finland (lat 60N, lon 25E)
NWC on Ubuntu Linux/Wine

Reply #13
Greetings from Portsmouth, England
Rich.

Reply #14
Deleted by author.
Since 1998

Reply #15
Nashville, TN, USA, where not all the music is country music!

Reply #16
"we got both kinds. We got Country and Western"

Reply #17
Hello from Swansea Mass             Rik

Reply #18
G'day from Melbourne Australia.

Bill.

Reply #19
Greetings from Roodepoort, in the metro city Johannesburg, South Africa.

The pictures are history: Grace is a teen already (photo digitally copied.)
and the pincushion (Leucospernum glabrum) scanned from March 1991 photo.

Reply #20
And greetings from South Gloucestershire in the West of England!

Reply #21
Elmira, NY.

How does one update the profile?

Reply #22
Elmira, NY.

How does one update the profile?

Click the "Profile" link in the menu near the top of this page.  This will take you to the relevant page where you can change different groups of things by using the menu at the left of the page.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.