Skip to main content
Topic: Totally off topic - congratulate me! (Read 11389 times) previous topic - next topic

Totally off topic - congratulate me!

Like the subject line says:
totally off topic - congratulate me!

I'm a first time Grandpop :D :D :D :D

My son and his wife just had my first grand child - a grand granddaughter :)

Unfortunately, I don't get to see her until tomorrow :(
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Totally off topic - congratulate me!

Reply #1
Hey there Gramps !

Congratulations.    You'll have to change your music style to lullabyes now :)

No loud bones music now.

You must be totally delighted.

Congratulations to the parents as well.
Rich.

Reply #2
Well done, old fella! 

Welcome to the Older Generation. 

Now you won't feel guilty about young ladies giving up their seats on the buses, young Scouts trying to help you across the street whether or not you want to go, and ordering from the seniors' menu.  Because it's official now - you're OLD. 

The geriatric ward is just down the hall and to the left. 

When you've come back down from Cloud Nine, you'll need to make a CD of your favourite music for the wee one.

Congratulations and best wishes to all five of you. 

David

Reply #3
Congratulations Grandpop.  They are great fun.  All care but no responsibility.

I'm a bit crooked on my seven of 'em, (all over 21) that no-one has yet presented me with a Great-grandie!

Cheers, Bill.

Reply #5
Congratulations Lawrie.

May this granddaughter be a blessing to you and your family.

Reply #6
Congratulations, Lawrie.  Your heart must be making music, allegro giocoso.

Joe

(Five here -- so far.)

Reply #7
Bill wrote
I'm a bit crooked on my seven of 'em,
I have eight, ranging from 3 months to ten years in age.  But I was feeling old even before the first one.

Reply #8
Thanks guys,
just got back from the hospital - mum and bub are fine - of course Emma (the new bub) is absolutely beautiful ;)

I'm looking forward to spoiling this one rotten :D

I shall be encouraging my son and his wife to introduce her to piano as soon as possible (about 3 weeks should be old enough :) ) and get her taught early - both parents are musically talented so Emma can reasonably be expected to have talent as well.

Of course, jazz will have to rate very high on her listening list.   :D

Reply #9
Congratulations, Lawrie....and ain't it fun! We have ten (count 'em!) ranging in age from 11 to 23. No great-grands yet, but one of the granddaughters is married (coming up to her first anniversary), so it may not be long.

Bill

Reply #10
When you've come back down from Cloud Nine, you'll need to make a CD of your favourite music for the wee one.

What a great idea! Start that inter-generational bond right now!
I'd always wished my parents were more interactive with my kids. They lived in the same city, fergoodnesssake.
Congratulations to the middle generation of Pardies, and the youngies (for surviving possibly their most dangerous journey) and oldies, too!

Lachayam! (To LIFE!)

A

Reply #11
just got back from the hospital - mum and bub are fine - of course Emma (the new bub) is absolutely beautiful ;)
As always... ;-)

I shall be encouraging my son and his wife to introduce her to piano as soon as possible (about 3 weeks should be old enough :) ) and get her taught early - both parents are musically talented so Emma can reasonably be expected to have talent as well.
My guess is it's less genetic and more "what you're exposed to". (And since what you're exposed to as a kid depends mainly on your folks, maybe it is ultimately genetic!!!)

Of course, jazz will have to rate very high on her listening list.   :D
Of course!
Shadow puppets to "What a Wonderful World"???

Reply #12
Lawrie,
Congratulations!! 
 We are now up to 9 Grandchildren and 8 Great-grandcHildren so you have a little way to go.  But plenty of time.

Tony

Reply #13
What a great idea! Start that inter-generational bond right now!
I'd always wished my parents were more interactive with my kids. They lived in the same city, fergoodnesssake.
Congratulations to the middle generation of Pardies, and the youngies (for surviving possibly their most dangerous journey) and oldies, too!

Lachayam! (To LIFE!)
Yup - BTW, you have no idea how apropos "L'chayim" happens to be: I just came home from playing the 'bone part in Gosford Musical Society's opening night of a season of "Fiddler on the Roof"!  :D

Quote from: Andrew Purdam link=topic=7910.msg55214#msg55214 date= There was pretty much no exposure...1319808726
My guess is it's less genetic and more "what you're exposed to". (And since what you're exposed to as a kid depends mainly on your folks, maybe it is ultimately genetic!!!)
Interestingly, neither of my parents could carry a tune in a bucket, and we did not have much music at home, only a little of the radio, which was mainly on talkback radio...  BUT, my grandmother on my mother's side was a piano and violin player who I sadly never heard much of, but all us kids had a bent in the musical direction...

Of course!
Shadow puppets to "What a Wonderful World"???
Great idea ;)

Reply #14
You have a few years on me Tony, I'm still just a boy (early 50's)