Skip to main content
Topic: Good Bye To All (Read 3664 times) previous topic - next topic

Good Bye To All

To all the regular posters here, thank you very much for all you have taught me, not only about this wonderful product, but about music in general. Since it has become obvious to me that I will never be able to accomplish what I want to be able to with my very limited knowledge of music theory, it is time to stop beating my head against the wall and make room on the hard drive for something that I can move forward with. again, thank you all for your help over the years.

Regards
Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Re: Good Bye To All

Reply #1
G'day Keith,
'tis a sad day...

Just remember, even if you aren't doing much with NWC, you are always welcome.

I have always enjoyed your contributions, even when I haven't responded. 

You say that you don't have the skill to do what you would like to be able to do.  Neither do I, but I enjoy what I do manage to achieve.  To me, music is more about emotion and communication and enjoyment than about technical excellence.

Bless ya heaps man,
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thanks Lawrie;

Your wit and knowledge have always enlivened your posts and have taught me a great deal. Unfortunetly my personality is such that when I know something should be better I can't just enjoy what I have accomplished. Had hoped I would be able to indulge my love traditional music by arrainging some of my favorites, and to be able to finally get a few compositions down that have been in my head for years. Neither has been able to come to fruition due to my perfectionist nature and pure lack of knowledge and skill in those areas. So rather than frustrate myself more it is time to break the 50 year bond. Yes that was fifty years, been performing vocally since I was 4 or 5 and instrumentally since I was 6 and am now 55. may continue to lurk now and again just to see what is happening with what is truely a wonderful product, and a great community.

TTFN
Keith

Reply #3
Keith, sorry to learn of your decision.  At 55, maybe you'll soon find yourself wanting to come back to your passion.  50 years of music probably qualifies as a habit, one that may be tough to break.

Whatever your path, best wishes.

Reply #4
Thank you David. Yes at 50 years  mears it is a habit, but due to medical problems i can no longer sing or play. I am a reed player and have lung problems, so that is no longer an option and my lack of knowledge of theory and structure doiing what I want to be able to do is out of the question. Since this is supposed to be a means of calming the fact that it frustrates and aggrivates me more and reminds me of my loss is not good.
As I said I may well lurk every now and then just to see how things are going. Thank you for all of your support and willingness to share your knowledge.

kwith

Reply #5
Keith,
I am a bit older - 84 in a few weeks time - and I am neither a good player nor particularly knowledgable on music. But with NWC I can copy and alter scores and paly them - without mistakes and on the instrument(s) I fancy!

Tony

Reply #6
I can understand how you are feeling since the same thing almost happened to me about 4 years ago.  I had started hearing distortions and pops in one ear and eventually, when I whistled, I heard 2 distinct pitches.  Hearing a choir at dinner a few days later drove me up the wall and it was very depressing thinking all my music was to be forever behind me.  My last use of NWC was to let others know what I was hearing. 

Fortunately, I had just O.D.'d on too many salted peanuts earlier.  My problem responded quickly to a few prescribed drugs.

This thing called life is time-limited and has many pleasant and not-so-pleasant milestones along the way.  I pray you can find something to replace some of the joy you used to find in music.
Since 1998