Skip to main content
Topic: NWCCONVERTOR (Read 32933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NWCCONVERTOR

Reply #100
b) And would it be possible that invisible notes are not emitted into the MusicXML file? I use especially invisible cue notes for some purposes which should not be visible anywhere - but MusicXML files transport them as normal visible notes, and then they turn up in e.g. MuseScore.
This could of course also be a checkbox in the "Options", e.g. "Ignore invisible notes".

If invisible notes are ingnored, should they be replaced by rests?
An example file with such invisible cue notes should also be helpful.
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #101
Hi HM,

If invisible notes are ingnored, should they be replaced by rests?
An example file with such invisible cue notes should also be helpful.

I noticed you used them in the previous files you provided.
Aside of being invisible, they're also grace notes and muted.
So maybe I should add a checkbox 'Convert invisible muted grace notes' in the 'Options' (default unticked)?

Reply #103
New version 1.0.7.3:
    - for "wavy line" with span = 1 : creating a "type=stop" element immediately after the "type=start" element.
    - new checkbox in 'OPTIONS': 'convert invisible muted grace notes', default unticked.

see https://www.opagust.be/content/nwcconvertor

Reply #104
Very good tool - but the first dialog opens at weird places. Now, after having converted 5 or 6 files, it opens almost fully outside my screen - see attachment. So I cannot click on it, and the standard keyboard bindings seem not to apply (Y or J for yes; N for no; Enter for the standard button) - game over  :D

Edit: Ah, could open it by reducing screen enlargement from 125% to 100% - see second attachment. However, one can see that the window is ridiculously large. I have attached the nwctxt input file producing this.

Edit 2: 26 staves - a large wind band - seem to be listed from left to right - see one more attachment ...

H.M.

Reply #106
Hi Harold,

I just took a quick look and here are my first findings:
  • The GUI tool I use sets the window size  to the maximum size of any part of it. In your case it's the 'Staves/Parts' tab of the 'Setup' window, where  the staff name + checkbox is shown for 26 staves.
    So I think I can solve this by limiting the number of staves per line. (So when setting that limit to 6, there would be 5 lines needed for 26  staves.)
  • I tried Musescore 3 and that didn't crash.
  • When I played it, I heard only piano. Maybe due to unchecked  'Send Patch' in the staves?

Reply #107
Thank you!

- First item  :)) .
- Second, I had not installed MS3 on my new laptop - did it, it worked (well enough), thank you for trying and telling me!
- Third, I do not need correct playback - it's just that a certain website requires a MusicXML to be added, so I needed one. For actual listening, I have a youtube link to a playback with NWC Viewer (and Reaper + some soundfonts for the actual sound).

H.M.

Re: NWCCONVERTOR 1.0.7.2

Reply #108
Trouble with a score ... this one says with ERROR. I do have a time signature in "P2, voice 1" as far as I can see. What's wrong?

(In case you ask about that spacer-filled staff: It is for somewhat more smooth playing in the Viewer, like so).

Thank you!
H.M.

Re: NWCCONVERTOR 1.0.7.2

Reply #109
I do have a time signature in "P2, voice 1" as far as I can see. What's wrong?

You have a (grace, invisible, muted) chords and rests before the time signature.
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|User|RangePitchMarker.hmm|Pos:7|Class:Span|Color:1
|Chord|Dur:Half,Grace|Pos:-6,6|Opts:Stem=Down,Lyric=Never,Muted|Visibility:Never
|Rest|Dur:Half,Grace|Visibility:Never
|User|RangePitchMarker.hmm|Pos:7|Class:Span|Color:7
|Chord|Dur:Half,Grace|Pos:-5,4|Opts:Stem=Down,Lyric=Never,Muted|Visibility:Always
|Rest|Dur:Half,Grace|Visibility:Always
|User|RangePitchMarker.hmm|Pos:7|Class:Span|Color:2|Visibility:Always
|Chord|Dur:Half,Grace|Pos:-2,1|Opts:Stem=Down,Lyric=Never,Muted|Visibility:Always
|Bar|Visibility:Always
|Boundary|Style:Reset|Visibility:TopStaff
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:0|Fnt:PageTitleText|PgCtrl:Once|XLoc:Center|PgStyle:Title|YLoc:Top|Text:%Title%|Visibility:TopStaff
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:0|Fnt:PageText|PgCtrl:Once|PgStyle:Author|Text:%Author%|YLoc:Top|CY:10|XLoc:Right|Visibility:TopStaff
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:0|Fnt:PageText|YLoc:Top|CY:4|PgStyle:Lyricist|XLoc:Left|Text:%Lyricist%|Visibility:TopStaff
|User|PageTxt.nw|Pos:0|Fnt:PageSmallText|YLoc:Bottom|CY:-6|PgStyle:Copyright|XLoc:Center|Text:%Copyright1%%br%%Copyright2%|Visibility:TopStaff
|User|Acciaccatura.ms|Pos:0|Class:StaffSig
|User|CueHeads.ms|Pos:1|Class:StaffSig|Size:70
|User|Melismatic.nw|Pos:0|Class:StaffSig
|Key|Signature:F#|Tonic:G
|TimeSig|Signature:2/4
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

My convertor doesn't seem to like that.

Reply #110
Mhm. Seems I need to change my templates - these are RangePitchMarkers I use now at many places ... or I delete them manually (using GroupOps) to create specific "convertor nwctxt files"; that's probably what I'll do.

Thanks!
H.M.

Reply #111
Mhm. Seems I need to change my templates - these are RangePitchMarkers I use now at many places ... or I delete them manually (using GroupOps) to create specific "convertor nwctxt files"; that's probably what I'll do.

Thanks!
H.M.
Or you may move the time signature before the RangePitchMarkers?

Reply #112
Or you may move the time signature before the RangePitchMarkers?
I hesitate to do this, for two reasons ...

a) I have all the "fixed things" on the left (which includes the RangePitchMarkers), and then start with the piece (which includes the time sig).
b) The key signature goes before the time signature, so the key signature would be before the RangePitchMarkers, and then those would need full accidentals ... which, thinking about it, wouldn't be too bad anyway ...

... those staff headers anyway got too chaotic, so I might want to clean them up; and then see whether the (or - aha! - some (maybe invisible)!) time signature could go before them. More "clerical work" to do, instead of writing music ;-)

Thanks!
H.M.