Skip to main content
Topic: Upgrade Issues Running Version 2.24 (Read 4158 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgrade Issues Running Version 2.24

I have received notification upon running NoteWorthy that there is an update available for version 2.24; however, when I attempt to fetch the upgrade as I have done so many times before, I get the registration screen asking for all of my CD label information, etc.

Being that I never have the installation CD with me when I am attempting to use the program, I seriously wonder if I will ever be able to keep up with the upgrades!

Is this supposed to happen like this?  Are we really required to re-register?  Or did I wipe something out of my system registry (running XP Pro)?

Thanks for the ideas!
Joel

Re: Upgrade Issues Running Version 2.24

Reply #1
The free upgrade to NWC2 requires that you have both the NWC 1.75 CD in hand, as well as the registration label. You can use these materials to upgrade to NWC2 for free, starting at:

https://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2upg/

Reply #2
We all have differing set-ups for using computers, but I have a shelf above my working area where I keep all my "essential" computer discs, including my NWC disc.  I not infrequently find with some programs that I have to re-load the program to solve some problem. Up-dating NWC2 before finally loading the "finished" program presented no difficulties.

Tony

Reply #3
I am a registered user of Update 2 (purchasing the upgrade from 1.75 back when version 2 was first announced), and as stated, have successfully upgraded each time (downloading at least eight upgrade packages) all the way up to version 2.24.  It is only now, for some reason, that NoteWorthy.com is requiring that I re-register for the next update.

I don't mind doing so, but since my high-bandwidth Internet connection is not near where I keep the software, I'll have to do some legwork (brainwork? ;) ).
Joel

Reply #4
Perhaps what you have missed is that the current version is the general release. It is no longer beta. So the upgrade to it is handled a little differently from the previous releases of ver. 2.

Cheers,

Bill

Reply #5
Egads!  Thanks, Bill!
Joel

Reply #6
No problem....