Skip to main content
Topic: New forum layout - glitch? (Read 3496 times) previous topic - next topic

New forum layout - glitch?

I think I like the new forum appearance.

When I sort it to "recent" and click the link to a reply to a message, instead of going to the last entry in the linked thread, I end up at the first one, then have to scroll down and down and down to get to the current part of the correspondence.

This is a difference from the previous behaviour, and I hope it is an unintentional and fixable glitch.

Re: New forum layout - glitch?

Reply #1
There is no reply link on the Recent page.

As for the links within the Recent page (and the forum index, for that matter), there have not been any recent changes to this mechanism.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. Did I?

Reply #2
-
I like the new colour scheme. Refreshing. :)

Well done Eric and co.

PS: In your free time, would you consider enabling Alt+P and Alt+S shortcuts for preview and submit respectively? It's -by great majority- the common practice in forum software.
_

Reply #3
Nothing has changed in my forum layout. Did I miss a download?
Rik

Reply #4
Rikbel, I think you'll see the dividers between messages have changed.  They're now bluish, and at the bottom the bar is shaded.

Eric, I wasn't clear.  I meant when I used the Recent page, and clicked on a message that was a reply to something in a thread, instead of going to that particular reply, which might be way down a page, my browser took me to the initial message for that thread.

I couldn't replicate the behaviour just now, everything worked fine.

I like the new page layout (to rephrase my message above)

Reply #5
>would you consider enabling Alt+P and Alt+S shortcuts
>for preview and submit respectively?

Done.

>It's -by great majority- the common practice in forum
>software

Alt+S is clearly very common, but I am not so sure about Alt+P.

Reply #6
Thanks! :)