NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: David Palmquist on 2005-01-26 09:21 am

Title: New forum layout - glitch?
Post by: David Palmquist on 2005-01-26 09:21 am
I think I like the new forum appearance.

When I sort it to "recent" and click the link to a reply to a message, instead of going to the last entry in the linked thread, I end up at the first one, then have to scroll down and down and down to get to the current part of the correspondence.

This is a difference from the previous behaviour, and I hope it is an unintentional and fixable glitch.
Title: Re: New forum layout - glitch?
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2005-01-26 01:56 pm
There is no reply link on the Recent (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/forum/recent.php) page.

As for the links within the Recent page (and the forum index, for that matter), there have not been any recent changes to this mechanism.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. Did I?
Post by: Ertuğrul İnanç on 2005-01-27 06:13 am
-
I like the new colour scheme. Refreshing. :)

Well done Eric and co.

PS: In your free time, would you consider enabling Alt+P and Alt+S shortcuts for preview and submit respectively? It's -by great majority- the common practice in forum software.
_
Post by: RIKBEL on 2005-01-27 05:54 pm
Nothing has changed in my forum layout. Did I miss a download?
Rik
Post by: David Palmquist on 2005-01-28 07:33 am
Rikbel, I think you'll see the dividers between messages have changed.  They're now bluish, and at the bottom the bar is shaded.

Eric, I wasn't clear.  I meant when I used the Recent page, and clicked on a message that was a reply to something in a thread, instead of going to that particular reply, which might be way down a page, my browser took me to the initial message for that thread.

I couldn't replicate the behaviour just now, everything worked fine.

I like the new page layout (to rephrase my message above)
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2005-02-02 07:45 am
>would you consider enabling Alt+P and Alt+S shortcuts
>for preview and submit respectively?

Done.

>It's -by great majority- the common practice in forum
>software

Alt+S is clearly very common, but I am not so sure about Alt+P.
Post by: Ertuğrul İnanç on 2005-02-16 03:13 am
Thanks! :)