Skip to main content
Topic: REINSTALL nwc after computer crash (Read 1524 times) previous topic - next topic

REINSTALL nwc after computer crash

Hello,

I have had a computer crash and i have to install NWC again.

In the demo version it is not possible to register.

i send a male to NothWorthe but got no responce.

can someone help me to register my version. i have the Authenticity ID's
for program and update

regards Ton Husson
ton.husson@home.nl for reactions.

Re: REINSTALL nwc after computer crash

Reply #1
I have the same problem, and yes no response from support at noteworthycomposer

Reply #2
Dear Ton,

If I remember well, the demo version is a different version than the one you could buy and it is not possible to turn the demo version into a registered version.

When you bought NWC you should have received a CD with the installation program for the registered version, or received a link to the web page where you - and only you - could download the installer. I believe there was a remark to keep this version for future installations.

When you have that (old) installer, you should be able to install it on another computer and afterwards you can upgrade it to the newer versions as long as your original version allows it: certainly version 2.75 and maybe even version 2.5 allow to upgrade to the latest version.

When you can still retrieve files from your crashed PC, you may even find all the necessary files somewhere in a folder on your disk, but I never did that and don't know the location where it is stored. But I believe there is somewhere in this forum a page where it is explained.

Best regards,
Bart

Reply #3
Hi Bart

I do not have a CD and in my mail. I can check the licence online and its correct.

It was not possible to save any data from my old computer.

I just need the installation file to reinstall NWC complete.

regards Ton Husson

Reply #4
Very nice this forum as no-one helps you with your problems or mail.

Reply #5
You don't say what the effect of your computer crash is.

If you still have access to your C: Drive (or the drive that the Noteworthy program was installed into)

If you look in the old NoteWorthy  Software / NoteWorthy Composer 2 folder, in there you will find a folder called Setups.
Within that folder you should get a setup file for whichever the latest version  of NoteWorthy that you installed. This will enable you to set up NoteWorthy Composer again.

The Viewer you can download from the NoteWorthy Composer Website.

I would always recommend that people save their Authenticty IDs and this setup file off line (just in case).

Richard

Rich.

Reply #6
I am interested in this topic because I plan to change the PC in the near future. I have the CD of the first installation, with codes and more. Then I performed the paid upgrade of the current version (v. 2.75a.2). Should this data be enough to reinstall NWC without further payment? Thanks and happy Easter to you all! Lorenzo

Reply #7
Lorenzo,

I believe so. If you take the setup files from your current computer (see my previous message), you can then use this to install on your new computer. Make sure that you are not using NoteWorthy on both machines because I think that would be contravening the licence.

If you install on your new computer, make sure it is all working, transfer the .nwc and .nwctxt files over from your old computer then uninstall your old computer, you should be OK I believe.

Richard
Rich.