Skip to main content
Topic: NWC on Facebook (Read 3042 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC on Facebook

I've noticed in the last week that there have been daily posts from NWC on Facebook, with a comment about support and an update in the works!

Re: NWC on Facebook

Reply #1
Yes, I noticed that too.  I hope that means good news!

Reply #2
It will be sad if NWC abandons this forum and tries to replace it with Facebook. 

Facebook is not meant to be a user reference and is a pain to use.  When I have a problem or suggestion, I don't relish the idea of potentially millions of commenters who know little about the program but will offer advice anyway.

And if I'm not a Facebook user, then what?

Reply #3
I'm in this situation... If NWC starts using FB instead of this forum I will not be able to participate in the user community  :'(
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Reply #4
I'm in this situation... If NWC starts using FB instead of this forum I will not be able to participate in the user community  :'(
Me too ...

Reply #5
Me three.  A very long time ago I had a Facebook account, but I chose to delete it, and have never gone back.

Reply #6
I was happy to see some action and just assumed they were doing some marketing. I never thought about the possibility of replacing the forum with Facebook. That would be unwise, in my opinion.

Reply #7
Noteworthy has been of FB for years - it is not a very active presence and is only likely to be if the denizens of FB discover NWC.

I seriously doubt that this forum will disappear any time soon, and certainly not in favour of FB
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
I agree that FB shouldn't replace this forum, but there are some indications that it may be doing that, at least partially. Eric has answered several support-type questions on FB recently. We haven't seen him here since a year ago August. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this, though, for exactly the reasons David mentioned. If someone knowledgeable isn't monitoring the FB page and answering user questions there, the advice given by other well-meaning but uninformed FB users may lead the questioner pretty far astray. Eric could quite reasonably be trying to head that off. For questions that come to the forum, we have a pretty good cadre of experts here, and Eric clearly trusts us to give accurate advice. I appreciate that - even as I wish he would show up more and let us know the state of the current update cycle.

Reply #9
Même si je ne participe pas à ce forum, je le consulte régulièrement à chaque jour.  Je pense qu'il serait regrettable qu'il passe aux mains de FB.

Reply #10
Me three.  A very long time ago I had a Facebook account, but I chose to delete it, and have never gone back.

Hi Mike,
The NoteWorthy Composer Facebook account published this today:
Hey! What about Ukulele Chord Charts?
Insert: Object Ukulele.ms (0.5)
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=9380.0
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #11
It's nice to see that contrary to replacing the forums with Facebook, that this post is actually driving traffic from FB to this forum, by posting the link to the ukulele plugin forum post.