Skip to main content
Topic: TimeSigScaler.nw (Read 5099 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from A user object request...

TimeSigScaler.nw

This object can be used to draw a scaled version of a prior, usually hidden, time signature. This object should always be placed after the real time signature.

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.75,Single)
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Key|Signature:F#|Tonic:G
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4|Visibility:Never
|User|TimeSigScaler.nw|Pos:0
|Spacer|Width:0
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar
|TimeSig|Signature:5/4|Visibility:Never
|Spacer|Width:0
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:2
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:1
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:0
|Bar
|TimeSig|Signature:9/8|Visibility:Never
|RestMultiBar|NumBars:32|PrintOnce:N|WhenHidden:ShowBars,ShowRests|Visibility:Never
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

This object is derived from existing discussion excerpted below:

Occasionally the scores I play for musicals have a time signature that is significantly larger than you would normally expect.  They extend from the centre line the same way that a normal time signature does, but instead of being completely enclosed in the staff (I.E. each number is 2 spaces high), they extend above and below by approximately an additional space to space and a half.  Think scaled by 150% to 175%.  This can be really, really helpful.  Especially if the score is busy.

Re: TimeSigScaler.nw

Reply #1
Thanks Eric - caught me out for a while - couldn't see it in the edit window - only when I went to print preview - I really like the user tool - make it soo simple :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: TimeSigScaler.nw

Reply #2
When the TimeSigScaler immediately follows an actual time signature, it only shows itself as as an up/down arrow in the editor.

Some tips:

• F11 shows how it really looks
  • the TimeSigScaler entry of User Tools,.Plugins adds a scaler object to every time signature in a file
  • additional instances can be placed on their own if the time signature is not changing (such as in your example)
  • a spacer before the real time signature will prevent extra preceding white space
  • a spacer immediately after the TimeSigScaler will prevent extra white space on the right ride
  • the scaling can be set using +/- keys while the object is selected by itself