Skip to main content
Topic: Triplets and Duplets? (Read 3457 times) previous topic - next topic

Triplets and Duplets?

I know how to enter a "Triplet" in my musical score, but I cannot find any information about how to add a "Duplet". Is there a secret way?

Re: Triplets and Duplets?

Reply #1
Hi Model T,
in NWC there's an option for entering Triplets, but for Duplets you have to create them manually. You can use hidden rests for that and then use my User Object "TupletMarks.fso", or in case that you enter beamed eighth notes you can also insert a text line with "2" on the Duplet (be careful with this... the correct print position of the text could be a little hard to find).

Take a look at this:

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.75,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|TimeSig|Signature:4/4
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-2
|Bar
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:7|number:2
|Rest|Dur:8th|Visibility:Never
|Rest|Dur:8th|Visibility:Never
|Bar|Style:Double
|TimeSig|Signature:6/8
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Bar
|Text|Text:"   2"|Font:StaffItalic|Scale:85|Pos:-8.5|Placement:AtNextNote
|Spacer|Width:100
|Rest|Dur:16th|Opts:VertOffset=2|Visibility:Never
|Spacer|Width:100
|Rest|Dur:16th|Opts:VertOffset=2|Visibility:Never
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Of course I'm sure there's lots of other "secret ways" to do it... ;)

I hope it helps ^__^
Lloyd.
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Reply #2
I know how to enter a "Triplet" in my musical score, but I cannot find any information about how to add a "Duplet". Is there a secret way?
As @Lloyd indicates, NWC does not have a native duplet. If you are mainly interested in having it look correct, then using TupletMarks.fso should work fine (with the addition of the two invisible rests to pad the measure to the correct duration). But if you are just looking for the correct playback, you can instead enter two dotted eighth notes instead of the duplet eighth notes, and the durations will be correct.

Reply #3
You might want to check out this Previous User TipThe link to "Pentuplets.htm" doesn't work now. Edit: Have new website and the link is fixed.
Since 1998

Reply #5
I needed to upload some *.js functions to let it work (note duration in 768th notes).  The link is Tuplets.htm

For duplets (assuming 6/8), the hidden & played staff would have dotted eighth notes while the visible & muted staff would have eighth notes followed by hidden 16th rests with a literal "2" (italicized) above or below the beam.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Just to remember that now, thanks to TupletMarks.fso, the marking of the tuplets is very simple.