Skip to main content
Topic: TupletMarks.fso (version 0.1) (Read 7631 times) previous topic - next topic

TupletMarks.fso (version 0.1)

This plugin draws a Tuplet mark. Only for ornamental purposes.

To make it work just insert it before the first note of the tuplet, then set the span of the mark and the number of the tuplet.

OPTIONS:
Span: Sets how many notes or rests are included in the mark. Grace notes doesn't count. This option can be directly modified in the editor with +/- keys.
Staff Position: Indicates if the mark will be used at the top or at the bottom of the staff. 'Auto' mode changes between 'Top' and 'Bottom'when the mark is above or bellow the middle line.
Style: Defines the pen style of the mark.
Line Weigth: Sets the thickness of the pen style.
Gap: Modifies the space for the number. It can also be set to 0.
Number (or Text): The number (or text) typed here will appear on the mark. It will always be Italic.
Opaque: Makes the number (or text) cover any other object.
Font Style: Sets the font used in the number (or text).
Text Scale (%): Modifies the number (or text) size.
Text Vertical Offset: Modifies the position of the number (or text).

The following clip will show a little more and, as always, feedback are welcome  :D

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.75,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|TimeSig|Signature:2/4
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:-13|span:6|number:6
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:6.5
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:-3
|Marker|Pos:-5.5|Target:Triplet|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:2|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:6.5
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:-3
|Marker|Pos:-5.5|Target:Triplet|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=First|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet=End|Pos:2|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Bar
|TimeSig|Signature:6/8
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:6.5|number:2|Gap:0.7
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-6|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Rest|Dur:16th|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
|Rest|Dur:16th|Visibility:Never
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:10|span:15|number:"play quickly"|Pen:Dash|Gap:0|Font:PageText|Scale:50|yText:2|Weight:1
|User|TupletMarks.fso|Pos:5|span:5|number:5
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-3|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-4|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-5|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-4|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam
|Note|Dur:32nd|Pos:-4|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Bar
|Boundary|Style:NewSystem|NewPage:Y
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Re: TupletMarks.fso (version 0.1)

Reply #1
Thank you for developing this feature! Do you think it would be possible to develop this feature such that it actually affects the notes' duration and playback? Alternatively, is there a way to hide the triplet marks in a score? Usually when I really want, say a 17 tuplet, I end up writing a bunch of 32nd notes, some of which are tripleted and some of which aren't; when I really want a quintuplet, I write a duplet and a triplet. If there were a way to hide the triplet notation and then just group the whole series of  notes with a tuplet object, it would make the scores look much cleaner (but wouldn't necessarily help with playback realism).  Thanks!

Reply #2
Alternatively, is there a way to hide the triplet marks in a score? ...
You can hide the native triplet markings in a score using the new Marker object. There are checkboxes to allow it to control slurs, triplets and/or articulations. Look here for more information about this new feature of NWC 2.75.

Reply #3
Hi scriabin53,
as Mike said to hide the NWC triplets you can use markers. Unfortunately, the other question you made doesn't have such a positive answer  :(  I've developed this object only for ornamental purposes, sorry.
[...] y el mayor bien es pequeño: que toda la vida es sueño, y los sueños, sueños son.

Reply #4
It would be useful to be able to specify a vertical offset for the end point of the line so that it can slope.

Reply #5
Hi Peter,
lasts months I've been working a lot, but as soon as I get some time I'll take a look into it ;)
...please, be patient O:)

Reply #6
Could I suggest a small alteration. On a modified note the left hand vertical should line up with the note head, and not the accidental.

Reply #7
Could I suggest a small alteration. On a modified note the left hand vertical should line up with the note head, and not the accidental.
Likewise, if the final note in the tuplet is dotted, the right hand vertical should probably be aligned with the note head edge, and not the dot, as is done for native triplets:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|Note|Dur:4th,Triplet=First|Pos:b4|Opts:Stem=Down
|Note|Dur:8th,Triplet|Pos:4|Opts:Stem=Down
|Note|Dur:4th,Dotted,Triplet=End|Pos:4|Opts:Stem=Down
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Reply #8
Thank you for developing this feature! Do you think it would be possible to develop this feature such that it actually affects the notes' duration and playback? Alternatively, is there a way to hide the triplet marks in a score? Usually when I really want, say a 17 tuplet, I end up writing a bunch of 32nd notes, some of which are tripleted and some of which aren't; when I really want a quintuplet, I write a duplet and a triplet. If there were a way to hide the triplet notation and then just group the whole series of  notes with a tuplet object, it would make the scores look much cleaner (but wouldn't necessarily help with playback realism).  Thanks!
Have you checked this User Tip on various Tuples?  I haven't experimented with adding TupletMarks to this yet.
Since 1998