Skip to main content

Topic: MarkupPage.rg (Read 1649 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkupPage.rg
This is a User Object for putting text on a page that is unrelated to the staves.
Titles, dedications, lyricists, copyrights, catalog numbers and the like.
Up to 9 markups can be defined from each object.
Setting the Class to StaffSig allows the markup to be repeated for subsequent pages.

An example, Danny Boy, is attached. You can view the source at: http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/scriptorium/sheetmusic/a/a23/a2303/a2303-4-72dpi.html
  • Last Edit: 2015-10-08 01:59 am by Rick G.
Registered user since 1996

Re: MarkupPage.rg
Reply #1
Hi Rick,
as is usual with your offerings this looks interesting, but in this case I could use a little extra help understanding the settings.
E.G. in the markups you have defined they all start:
/f9.
now, I understand the /f defines the font, but what do the "9" and the numerals following the point actually do?  I tried several substitutions of the "9" but couldn't make much of the results.

Perhaps the instructional section could be a little more verbose, possibly with some examples?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals 'n youfonymums - gonna lern tubies next

Reply #2
I understand the /f defines the font, but what do the "9" and the numerals following the point actually do?
9 is the ninth font in NWC's scheme of things. (User1 as it turns out). The digit after the decimal point is the Style, and additional digits affect the size.

Reply #3
9 is the ninth font in NWC's scheme of things. (User1 as it turns out). The digit after the decimal point is the Style, and additional digits affect the size.
Is there a reference for font numbers in "NWC's scheme of things"?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals 'n youfonymums - gonna lern tubies next

Reply #4
Is there a reference for font numbers in "NWC's scheme of things"?
Several. One of them is the attached list.

Reply #5
Ahhhh, I was looking at the font list in Page Setup and came up short - the "Staff Symbols" and Staff Cue Symbols" aren't, of course, listed there - D'oh

Thanks mate

Reply #6
Another innovative object to have available in your repertoire...the example does a great depiction of an existing work.