Skip to main content
Topic: Did Firefox cause this? (Read 3638 times) previous topic - next topic

Did Firefox cause this?

I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox yesterday, and I notice now when playing a piece, it plays several notes past the end of what displays before changing the display.  This seems to happen only in Viewer Mode.  It also seems to be related to the fact that in Viewer Mode, when the piece goes back to the Master Repeat open, the display is set several bars before the beginning, and this seems to be the number of bars that play "ahead" before being displayed.  (Am I making any sense here?)

Re: Did Firefox cause this? (Viewer jump at Flow change)

Reply #1
I just upgraded to the latest version of Firefox yesterday, and I notice now when playing a piece, it plays several notes past the end of what displays before changing the display.
I doubt that this has anything to do with a browser update.

This seems to happen only in Viewer Mode.  It also seems to be related to the fact that in Viewer Mode, when the piece goes back to the Master Repeat open, the display is set several bars before the beginning, and this seems to be the number of bars that play "ahead" before being displayed.
This is the problem I see. It may be the problem you are trying to describe.

Using the sample file ROSE.nwc, if I start playback at measure 22, when NWC hits the Master Repeat Close and jumps back, one note before the Master Repeat Open is displayed.

Using the NoteWorthy Composer Viewer with the same file,  if I start playback around 30 seconds in, when the Viewer hits the Master Repeat Close and jumps back, two measures before the Master Repeat Open is displayed.
One caveat: I am using a Beta viewer, not the version I linked to above.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Did Firefox cause this?

Reply #2
Susanna,

To avoid confusion, can you confirm a couple things?

1. When you say "Viewer Mode", do you mean running NWC with the "glasses" clicked, or do you mean the separate Noteworthy Viewer program? I suspect you mean the former, since the icon tooltip says "Viewer Mode".
2. Which version of NWC (or the Viewer) are you running? The release version, or one of the beta previews?

Thanks,
Mike

Reply #3
I have now tested ver 2.51a of the Viewer. You can see the problem clearly with Josh Hauck's version of
Ave Maria from the Scriptorium. Start playback around the 1:55 mark. When it jumps, the play location is way off to the right. NoteWorthy Composer does a much better job.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Did Firefox cause this?

Reply #4
Mike:
1. The separate viewer program
2. The latest version (not beta)

Reply #5
I have now tested ver 2.51a of the Viewer. You can see the problem clearly with Josh Hauck's version of
Ave Maria from the Scriptorium. Start playback around the 1:55 mark. When it jumps, the play location is way off to the right. NoteWorthy Composer does a much better job.
Yep, I looked at that, and that is exactly what happened.  In Composer, it did work correctly.  That was the first time I saw anything like that.