Skip to main content
Topic: "A New NWC 3?" (Read 7754 times) previous topic - next topic

"A New NWC 3?"

How about NWC3? Enhancement but not altogether a new notation processor matrix. Designed to alter ever variable of the score by numerological fashions without technical syntax commands but instead a lot of multiple pull-down & right-click presets easily understood by any musician/composer, such as vertical, horizontal, & diagonal retrograde or any combination of the three a once? I suggested this idea of diagonal retrograde to a software engineer from Japan simply because his software did not possess that capacity as a small contribution of mine. But forms of systematic yet diametrical protocols of retrograde are just a few of the ideas for complete(that is like the Michelangelo's Ideaology of the sculptor's stone) as much as possible manipulation of every parameter of the or any nwc score or imported midi file & any number of staffs notes of chords, etc. but at the same time made so simple that once having written the master program all the user has to do is to execute while at the same time making so much short-cuts to his imagination capacity being put to the ultimate test specially then with a notation processor that can do anything one can think of or as much as possible by the mechanics of it's uncanny diametrical written program guided ofcourse by pure mathematics at the same time converted to all the conventional symbols of a musical score which miraculously would not require any more memory that the text format to occupy & install in digital space. I've  a good number of these tons of hypothetical presets but i would have to consult my notes. I posted this as a thank you & general contribution due to my possession of the noteworthy program which is the only one i have sufficiently learned to use  although not even to it's fullest capacity which i think perhaps these ideas would probably have to somewhat be modified or perfected. Thank you for reading this. Just an idea i think might do some good you know. I also think that one very useful right-click on any note or chord would be to instantly modify the pitch between 100 cents. And many others!
Kyrie ix 236++=K k-squared....

Re: "A New NWC 3?"

Reply #1
I had exactly the same idea. I'm glad someone else agrees with me. Only it's such a vast improvement that I think it needs to be nwc 4.0 (think Microsoft Windows 10). Or is it only half-vast?

Reply #2
For me NWC is just a little harder to use.  I used to have the dynamics all separated on a toolbar and it was one stop shopping when I needed one.  With the current version, all dynamics are done after picking a generic dynamic, then choosing from a drop down.

I don't mind jumping through some extra hoops to get an unusual feature, especially one with a lot of options (mpc for example), but for routine dynamics?!?!?
Since 1998

Reply #3

It took me a great effort to read it. No paragraphs, no indentations, very long sentences, mysterious concepts (diagonal retrograde?)

Can anyone explain it to me?
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #4
I was thinking maybe someone decided to have some fun with a travesty generator program?

Reply #5
This is a reply to post comments on 10/30-31/2014.
Well Dissociated Press is more like an randomized Algo instead what i stated is far more ordered plus optional & with due time bring one to a closer understanding of the mystery that is musica in it's vastest proportions, but maybe you have a point i personally think that Wendy Carlos interpretation of the Invention No.4 In D Minor BWV775 is a prime example of musical comedy. Yeah, definitely more for computerized than routine dynamics but i think that such a nwc could do it all for both. I'd hate to wait for nwc 4 & windows 20 but i guess you can't have it all unless your a software engineer that has the option of playing around with private yet elite projects not for mere ego but realization of an ultimate musical matrix ideology physically manifested with hard work ofcourse! The Diagonal Retrograde i have not fully configured the absolute mechanics of it's traversal protocol but think of it as the brain hemispheres communicating with each other in a criss-cross modus opps multi-variant mechanism. Thank you for your ideas i think leads one farther in developing his ideas than conversing only with it's own malkuth. Malkuth is a  reference to the tree of life.  Hardly a travesty!

Reply #6
It took me a great effort to read it. No paragraphs, no indentations, very long sentences, mysterious concepts (diagonal retrograde?)

Can anyone explain it to me?
I am in full agreement with you!  White space is your "friend!"

Reply #7
Stream of consciousness writing works for poetry and for art prose (James Joyce, etc.). It doesn't work for communication. Kristoval, if you expect to actually begin a conversation about your ideas, you will have to pay some attention to how to state them in a fashion that the rest of us don't have to struggle to understand. I say this as a professional writer who has published both poetry and nonfiction prose, and has won awards for both.

....but I'd like to pick up on something Warren said earlier in this thread. It's a bit off-topic, so I'm starting a new thread. Warren, I hope that's OK with you.

Bill

Reply #8
Stream of consciousness writing works for poetry and for art prose (James Joyce, etc.). It doesn't work for communication.

Yeahhhhh -  Thank you Bill. Thought it was just me. I did try several times and then gave up.
Rich.

Reply #9
Absolutely.
I copied and pasted the text into my editor, started reformatting - and even then it made no more than half sense.
Especially the second "paragraph" (But forms of systematic ... install in digital space) is complete gobbledygook. Useless.

I get the idea that TS wants different controls, and is very fond of a certain interface. More I cannot say.

Reply #10
I understand the simplification of dialect to facilitate communication. Let me introduce first my terminological version of diagonal retrograde with my sincerest apologies= It is a convergence of systematic "per"mutations of the selected(a minimum of two-part writing)music areas with a criss-crossing multi-preset protocol. Like inputting musical quadrants through a vortex & the output is relative & sequential according to the desired preset even if custom-configured. Inserting music through a metamorphic vortex like the evolution of the larvae into the monarch butterfly.

OK! This is my a simpler explanation=It is like putting music through a blender but it does not get destroyed on the other side of the hyperbola but systematically altered according to parameters of variables set before the metamorphic execution.

But that is just one tool of many that would be my aim to a much wider resourcefulness as a means for complete manipulation of every musical parameter saving a lot of time in one click not to mention that a composer would be innately redirected to new musical territories that he or she would not the possibility to reach those altars otherwise at the same time still utilizing master composition quotient . Thank you for your comments sincerely & may music be power to the power of=∞    

Reply #11
I'm beginning to think this is some kind of trolling 'cos it sure is non-sensical...  Wish I had a "shrug" emoticon...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #12
Is Kristoval saying that a future version of NWC needs to have the capability for the user to input a rubbishy piece of music (when I first wrote this, I named a composer - but that would not be fair), press the NWC button and out comes Mozart ?

Need to be able to do that with some posts in this forum too !
Rich.

Reply #13
" Yeah, it might be misdirected my aim Richard, i merely mean that a composer should have all the options of musical resourcefulness & physical manifestation at his or her disposal almost god-like but not even massive memory capacity required & i too do not believe in a software that does all the work for you but rather offers a sort of Digital Musical Deus Ex Machina that can do it all do to it's remarkable construction of myriadal yet practical progressive engineering from the basics to the theoretical flexibility(of constant research upgrades of course)."

Reply #14
I'm beginning to think this is some kind of trolling 'cos it sure is non-sensical...  Wish I had a "shrug" emoticon...
Will this work (if it shows up - I've never tried to post emoticons here before).
<Image Link>
I guess it just gives a link to the smiley, but the link works.

Reply #15
If it does everything you want it to do, it will have to use massive resources, and the greater the resource requirement, the more buggy it is likely to be.

Reply #16
Will this work (if it shows up - I've never tried to post emoticons here before).
<Image Link>
I guess it just gives a link to the smiley, but the link works.
Thanks Susanna :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #17
" Yeah, it might be misdirected my aim Richard, i merely mean that a composer should have all the options of musical resourcefulness & physical manifestation at his or her disposal almost god-like but not even massive memory capacity required & i too do not believe in a software that does all the work for you but rather offers a sort of Digital Musical Deus Ex Machina that can do it all do to it's remarkable construction of myriadal yet practical progressive engineering from the basics to the theoretical flexibility(of constant research upgrades of course)."

Sentences. Paragraphs. Interpunction.
Who knows? People might start reading your posts.