Skip to main content
Topic: set distance between title and music (Read 3312 times) previous topic - next topic

set distance between title and music

I often create music slides for viewing them via a Powerpoint presentation onto the wall in our church.
First I created the song in Noteworthy without a title, created the images and imported them into Powerpoint. In Powerpoint I add the song title.
It should a more convenience way when I set the song title into Noteworthy before I created the images. When I try to enter the song title into Noteworthy, it seems the distance between title and music is much larger than adding the title into Powerpoint.
How can I set the distance between title and music?
For an example, please download guido.vanharten.net/133.zip
I hope my question is clearly.

Re: set distance between title and music

Reply #1
Two things to try:

(1) On the Options tab of the Page Setup dialogue, uncheck the box labeled "Justify printed systems vertically." (You get to Page Setup by clicking on the button that looks like an open book, or by clicking on "Page Setup..." in the File menu.)

(2) On the Visual tab of the Staff Properties dialogue for the top staff, decrease the size of the upper staff boundary. (You get to the Staff Properties dialogue by clicking on your chosen staff and then pressing <F2>.)

HTH -

Bill

Reply #2
William het my voorgespring!

Welkom Guido,
Until NWC allows us to change the spacing for the title, my workaround is:

1. (As you've been doing), omit "Title Page Info",
2. In NWC, somewhere near the middle of the first staff, add the title as text,
    selecting font and point size to taste.
3. This usually needs a couple of tries before the end-result looks nice.

If you are going to print separate parts,
you would have to repeat it for every voice, marking the text as Visibility "Top staff only",
which becomes quite a schlepp.

Reply #3
I generally just stick with the title the way NWC produces it.  However, when I need to add titles, such as for a second page, I do that after printing the file to PDF.  My PDF program (FoxItReader) allows for adding text, and it's easy to do that on each page of the PDF document.  I don't know if Acrobat does that too, I simply started using FIR when I couldn't, for some reason, get Acrobat to install properly some years ago.

Reply #4
How can I set the distance between title and music?
The new Boundary Change Command offers some ways to customise the title area. Bugs in NWC 2.5.5 prevent a general solution using boundary changes. I'll have more to add when the next version of NWC is released.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
In an earlier thread, I only needed to print a title on the last page.  This was done with a Boundary Change Command and the title was a text comment.  If you can't get Page Setup to work, you can still create a title "by hand".
Since 1998