Skip to main content
Topic: Firefox confuses NWC with a font called nwc2stda.fft (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Firefox confuses NWC with a font called nwc2stda.fft

I have prepared some webpages with links to some music done in NWC.  When I open a page locally using Firefox as the viewer, upon clicking on the link to the NWC music file Firefox keeps giving me this:

"NWC true-type font (nwc2stda.ttf) cannot be found on the system.  Please install the font, then try again"  For some reason it is confusing a .NWC file with some font. 

NWC is my default player for this sort of file, so how do I get Firefox to recognize this?  It does
NOT do this when the page is actually uploaded.  It goes right to NWC.  It only happens when I'm working offline, and use the browser to view pages I'm working on, by clicking FILE/open FILE....and viewing my own folders. I do this all the time to see what they look like before uploading.

Re: Firefox confuses NWC with a font called nwc2stda.fft

Reply #1
deleted by author
Since 1998

Re: Firefox confuses NWC with a font called nwc2stda.ttf

Reply #2
If your messages are worded like the attachments, they are coming from NWC 2.5

Please use the Modify button to change the topic title to 'nwc2stda.ttf' rather than 'nwc2stda.fft'
Fast Fourier transforms are inherently confusing :)
Registered user since 1996

Re: Firefox confuses NWC with a font called nwc2stda.fft

Reply #3
It is a little unclear what is happening here. Which programs are you using: NoteWorthy Composer, NWC Viewer, NWC Viewer Browser Plugin? Are you always working on the same computer?