Skip to main content
Topic: My NWC files can't be found outside of NWC (Read 2354 times) previous topic - next topic

My NWC files can't be found outside of NWC

Hello, Everyone!  I'm having a problem transferring old files from Noteworthy 1.75 to the current version of Noteworthy Composer.  When I try to import them, Noteworthy 2 gives me an error message that says either the file is corrupt or can't be found.  I can open and play those files on version 1.75, but I can't export them to any other programs.  When I close NWC and look for the files where I put them, they are not there.

I've tried saving the files to other locations, but that doesn't work either.

I've also tried dragging the files to other programs.  No deal.

I just spent many hours arranging music for my kindergarten class show, and I wanted to make an accompaniment CD, but I cannot export these missing files.

I'm running Windows 7, 62 bit.

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.  I printed out all the songs that I needed, but I dread spending additional hours re-doing everything on NWC2.  Surely there's an easier way.

Re: My NWC files can't be found outside of NWC

Reply #1
I don't know what I did, but suddenly my two versions of NWC are communicating with each other.

This is a wonderful thing.

Re: My NWC files can't be found outside of NWC

Reply #2
Glad you got it sorted out. You might want to track down all of your NWC files, and them copy them into your primary NWC documents folder for future use.

In general, it is a good idea to maintain a dedicated user folder for *.nwc files, and make sure that you have a backup system in place to protect against any future hard drive or computer hardware failure.

From within the program, Tools, Options, Folders is a good place to start.