Printing surprise - key signatures - a reminder 2013-01-19 10:25 pm This is not a complaint, just an observation.I created 20 short song files of bass parts in bass clef, concert pitch, that I needed to transpose into treble clef and transpose for a transposing instrument, and then cut into 41 strips of one "system" each, one to be taped onto the bottom of each page of a book of chorales. I figured to save paper by making a new, 21st file, copy the 20 transposed parts into it, one after the other, and set system breaks so each song would start on a new line. So far so good. I ended up using 6 instead of 20 pages. Saving trees is a good thing.What surprised me (but should not have), the chorales were in different keys, so the new key signature at the beginning of each song was treated as a key change. This resulted in printing several systems with "cancelling" naturals if the keys had fewer sharps or fewer flats than the preceding one. It's easy enough to correct before printing if one remembers, but I didn't think about it nor proof-read visually before printing. I had already printed, cut up and started taping the 41 staffs before I noticed, so I will live with the result (the project is just for my own use), but my carelessness could have cost me another six sheets of paper. I thought posting a reminder here might save someone else from making the same mistake.