Skip to main content
Topic: Viwer Mute List (Read 3046 times) previous topic - next topic

Viwer Mute List

I sent a choir member some .nwc files and a link to the Viewer download. He emailed me that the Mute List is disabled. He thinks it may be a function of his sound driver. Is that possible? He says he has 7 channel sound. How does stereo map to 7 channel? I told him that I think the mute list is a function of the Viewer, and should not be affected by his system.

Re: Viwer Mute List

Reply #1
Hi Fathafluff

I wonder whether your colleague is encountering the same "problem" as I did.  Before you can use the Mute facility by typing "m" you must "stop" using F6 or the red stop button.  "Pausing" with the spacebar or pause button does not allow the mute function to work.  Just a thought.

Bill

Reply #2
Before you can use the Mute facility by typing "m" you must "stop" using F6 or the red stop button.
The menu item for Tools->Mute List... is "grayed out" during playback. Perhaps a Mute List toolbar icon would make this more obvious.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
The menu item for Tools->Mute List... is "grayed out" during playback. Perhaps a Mute List toolbar icon would make this more obvious.

Good idea.  I find it tempting to use the spacebar as the main controller of playback, and its one minor limitation (discussed above) is not obvious.