Skip to main content
Topic: Transposition feature doesn't work (Read 3794 times) previous topic - next topic

Transposition feature doesn't work

NWC 1.7 worked wonders with its transposition feature for staff, but now I just got 2.5 and it no longer works.  Also, highlighting is a lot slower, and I miss the insert instrument by GM numbers instead of instr. tree.  Can I have my money back?

Update: transposition works, but you have to set a new instrument to get the effect.

Re: Transposition feature doesn't work

Reply #1
I miss the insert instrument by GM numbers instead of instr. tree.  Can I have my money back?
After hitting F2, under "Midi Patch Instructions", be sure "Send Patch" is checked and change the next window to anything you would like between 0 and 127.  For an example, please look at patchtst.nwc at scriptorium.org.

Since 1998

Reply #2
I miss the insert instrument by GM numbers instead of instr. tree.
Using 'Predefined Instruments' is optional. You can simply put the instrument number into 'Send Patch'

Almost everything from v1.7 is still in v2.5  It may take a while to find some things. You are jumping over 10 years of updates. A bit like moving from Win 3.1 to Vista or IE3 to IE8
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
NWC 1.7 worked wonders with its transposition feature for staff, but now I just got 2.5 and it no longer works.
NOT TRUE.
Please remember to declare the key if the original is in C maj.

Edit on 2012-03-08:The transpose "will not work" = "still sound the same as before"
WHEN
"Update staff play back transposition" is checked, as in the attached picture.

If all this information still does not help, please attach a copy of the offending  file, and explain what you intended to do.

Reply #4
Update:..., but you have to set a new instrument to get the effect.

Not so.