Skip to main content
Topic: Mute staff groups (Read 6919 times) previous topic - next topic

Mute staff groups

I'm currently working on a fairly large big band score and I've made a few changes to my work methods to try and make things easier.  By and large this has worked very well, but it has also highlighted what I think might be a useful addition.

I would like to be able to mute/unmute staves based on which groups they're part of, similar to the way we can currently make staff groups visible/invisible in the editor.

Comments anyone?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Mute staff groups

Reply #1
I would like to be able to mute/unmute staves based on which groups they're part of, similar to the way we can currently make staff groups visible/invisible in the editor.

We will review this, since this is already what is done in Page Setup Contents. However, if it doesn't happen, a user tool could also do this rather easily.

Reply #2
FWIW, I like the idea of having this feature, preferably as part of the program.  I suspect I'm not the only one who isn't terribly comfortable with user tools. 

Reply #3
a user tool could also do this rather easily.
Building on this, if there were some mechanism to embed some StaffProperties groups into the song file in a way that would be recognized by NWC's Viewer, I suspect that the "choir people" would be very happy.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4

I suspect that the "choir people" would be very happy.

I certainly would!
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #5
Me too!

Reply #6
We will review this, since this is already what is done in Page Setup Contents. However, if it doesn't happen, a user tool could also do this rather easily.

Thanks Eric.

Reply #7

This feature will appear in NWC 2.5.3.

Reply #8
Thanks Eric - already trying it in the beta - works exactly as I'd hoped :)