Skip to main content
Topic: rg_ShowCursor.vbs - User Tool (Read 18040 times) previous topic - next topic

rg_ShowCursor.vbs - User Tool

It is fairly easy to lose track of where the cursor is. This little User Tool will find it without moving it or altering any selection that might exist.

NWC 2.5+ is required.

Download the attachment to your Scripts folder and remove ".txt" From the end of the file name.
Command is: CScript //nologo Scripts\rg_ShowCursor.vbs
Select Input Type: File Text
Leave all Options unchecked.

As usual, comments are welcome. If reporting a bug, please include your Windows version and any error message.
Registered user since 1996

Re: rg_ShowCursor.vbs - User Tool

Reply #1
" Not get off the subject Rick. Do you know of a fast method to extract an iTree from a sf2 Bank or sf2 file & the presets automatically, to save the labor time & immediately begin to use the tree? I really need an answer to this problem. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank You! "
Kyrie ix 236++=K k-squared....

Reply #2
I wrote the attached vbs script 2 1/2 years ago. I don't remember too much about it. UnZip it somewhere and put a shortcut to it on you desktop. Drag 'n drop an sf2 file on it. At its prompt, Yes will install it as an itree, No will open it into Notepad and Cancel will do the usual thing.

Reply #3
" Thank u very much Rick for responding so quickly, i will definitely give it a try the sooner i can, since i have so many sf2 banks that i am dying to interface with my NWC. By any chance do you use this app, i am curious or is it for you an ancient engagement.LOL "

Reply #4
By any chance do you use this app
Nope, I just took it on as a challenge. My main concern is with what goes to the printer. What goes to my headphones is good enough for my needs.

Reply #5
Nope, I just took it on as a challenge. My main concern is with what goes to the printer. What goes to my headphones is good enough for my needs.

" I thank u 4 ur quick response Rick, but the app seems idle even taking into account WScript technology. Do you know why thiz is? "

Reply #6
even taking into account WScript technology.
I have no idea what you mean by this.

If you can give a link to the sf2 file, I should be able to convert it and attach the itree. If not, you can e-mail me the file.

Reply #7
For example, I followed the link <here> to download •Sound Blaster version 1.43 (GeneralUser_GS_1.43-Live-Audigy.zip)
I dragged 'GeneralUser GS Live-Audigy v1.43.sf2' out of the ZIP file to a folder. Then I dragged 'GeneralUser GS Live-Audigy v1.43.sf2' and dropped it on rg_ITree.vbs

The attached dialog appeared.  I selected 'Yes' and the attached itree was written to NWC's 'Instrument trees:' folder.

Reply #8
For example, I followed the link <here> to download •Sound Blaster version 1.43 (GeneralUser_GS_1.43-Live-Audigy.zip)
I dragged 'GeneralUser GS Live-Audigy v1.43.sf2' out of the ZIP file to a folder. Then I dragged 'GeneralUser GS Live-Audigy v1.43.sf2' and dropped it on rg_ITree.vbs

The attached dialog appeared.  I selected 'Yes' and the attached itree was written to NWC's 'Instrument trees:' folder.

" Much thanks Rick, I am not exactly sure what i was doing wrong, now dropping it on the vbs in a few seconds generates the dialog, but if i choose yes it doesn't write the iTree, so i choose instead no so that i may manually save it as an iTree in the designated directory. Thanks a lot G, i learned how to make iTrees a while ago but this app of yours sure saves time. Congratulations on your vbs design, i think it should be incorporated into perhaps Noteworthy Kompozer 3. "

Reply #9
now dropping it on the vbs in a few seconds generates the dialog
I'm glad you got it working. Yes, it takes a few seconds. Sound Fonts are organized as a series of chunks (typically thousands). There is no no index, so the program needs to plow thru each chunk until it is satisfied that it has found what it needs or it reaches the end.

if i choose yes it doesn't write the iTree
Unless you select 'Cancel', it should have written it somewhere. I would hope that an error was generated if it was not. Perhaps you need to do a file search so you can clean up your disk :)

so i choose instead no so that i may manually save it as an iTree in the designated directory
Which is why the option is there. That took a while to code, I'm glad that it is of use.

i think it should be incorporated
It wouldn't be the first.

Reply #10
 " In conclusion, your help is much appreciated & i want to thank u with thiz musical offering of mine at my youtube channel, i hope you enjoy it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=Y9WcQyWPC24