Skip to main content
Topic: Opening NWC BAK files (Read 7624 times) previous topic - next topic

Opening NWC BAK files

This is a subject which I am sure has been aired more than once, but I cannot find it by Searching the forum
I want to open a BAk file but NWC says it does not recognise the file type BAK - although NWC created it

Tony

Re: Opening NWC BAK files

Reply #1
Tony -

<File><Open Backup....>

Bill

Reply #2
Bill.

After NWC opens and I get the message that NWC does not recognise it, I cannot find a reference to Open Backup. Clicking om <File>  only gives the normal Open option which brings me back to "NWC does not recognise"

I am using XP

Tony

Reply #3
The other option is going through the file menu and changing the name of the file from e.g, MySong.nwc.bak to MySong1.nwc then open it normally.
Since 1998

Reply #4
I cannot find a reference to Open Backup.
You will find it as of NWC 2.1  See: Open Backup Command

For NWC 2.0:
The other option is going through the file menu and changing the name of the file from e.g, MySong.nwc.bak to MySong1.nwc then open it normally.
If you have a file named MySong.nwc.bak, chances are that you will have a file named MySong.nwc. You will need to delete or rename MySong.nwc before you can rename MySong.nwc.bak to it. It is a bit easier to rename MySong.nwc.bak to MySong 01.nwc
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
Whilst I can re-name files I cannot alter the  suffix  .BAK to .nwc

I have NWC V 2.0
Having downloaded the NWC 21 upgrade it tells me that either NWC 2 is not installed or has been altered!
NWC 2 runs as usual and I am not aware of how I can have altered it.
Any ideas?

Tony

Reply #7
Rick,

Spot On! 
I unchecked 'Hide File Extensions' (I did not know that I had this checked)and can now open BAK files.
 Many thanks!!
Tony