Skip to main content
Topic: chord insert (Read 6225 times) previous topic - next topic

chord insert

Sorry for my English of  Google's translator. I have this problem. I have to input a chord (2 notes). One note is a quarter, the second note is an eighth. How can I do?
Many thanks.
Lorenzo

Re: chord insert

Reply #1
In the attached example I first used layered staves to share the same note head for both a stem up quarter note and a stem down eighth.  In the second measure I forced a stem up on the quarter note, then changed the stem direction and duration to do Cntl/Enter to create the chord.  To hide the rests I selected them, pressed Cntl/E, then went to the visibility tab.

Hope this helps.
Since 1998

Reply #2
I will do as you did, thank you very much for your prompt response
Lorenzo

Reply #3
You're welcome.  Glad it worked for you.
Since 1998

Reply #4
Wow! Google's translator did a good job!

Ciao
Maurizio

Reply #5
Distorsione di velocità! Google' il traduttore di s ha fatto un buon lavoro!
That it did.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Distorsione di velocità! Google' il traduttore di s ha fatto un buon lavoro!

Sigh!

Re-translated by me: "Speed warp! Google' the translator of s did a good job!"...

It seems that the automatic Russian translation of “the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26) changed it into “the vodka is good but the meat is rotten”...

Reply #7
Kinda like a poorly translated sign trying to say, "The elevator is broken":  "Lift isn't working, today you will be unbearable."
Since 1998

Re: chord insert (OT)

Reply #8
(OT)

There's a classic one, going back to the 1960s:

The old saying, "Out of sight, out of mind" ...

Computer rendered it as:  "Invisible idiot".

Joe

Reply #9
An early computer translation of an engineering paper made numerous references to a "water goat".  After translating the old fashioned way the term should have been "Hydraulic ram."
Since 1998