Skip to main content
Topic: NWC Lyrics don't support other languages (Read 6807 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC Lyrics don't support other languages

I am writing a song in chinese when the lyrics came out with a bunch of question marks (?). Could it be some kind of bug or lack of language support???

Help...

Re: NWC Lyrics don't support other languages

Reply #1
Noteworthy does not support Unicode. Since all lyrics must be contained within one font, you are limited to 224 characters (more precisely, 224 glyphs). "NWC Lyrics doesn't support" languages that cannot be depicted within these constraints.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
So what you are saying is that there is no solution to this, am I right??

Reply #3
If you can find (or create) a Windows compatible, non-unicode font with the glyphs you need, you can use NWC2.

-- or --

You can wait for NWCx which will have abandoned Win9x support in favor of Unicode.

-- or --

You can print your song as a graphic image (or save as EMF files) and add the lyrics with a program that supports adding Unicode text to image files. I lack the patience to explain exactly how this is done.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Same problem for me. I'm not able to insert my language Tamil. I'm using the unicode Tamil fonts.
Please help to insert my language Tamil

Reply #5
You said it:
the unicode Tamil fonts

Reply #6
If you can find a true-type font where the characters you require have been put below the 255 barrier then that font will work as required.  True enough, these fonts may well date back to Win95 and may take a bit of finding, but they are there.  I have found Arabic, Sinhalese, Punjabi, even Welsh, yes Welsh fonts (circumflex W & Y) with the necessary characters below the 255 barrier.