Skip to main content
Topic: Missing user tips? (Read 5381 times) previous topic - next topic

Missing user tips?

When listing user tips in order of most recent post first, the last tip on the bottom of page 3 was "Exclude from Bar Count" on 2006-11-20 while the top of page 4 was "Heading & Footings" from 2002-05-03.  Is there something missing?
Since 1998

Re: Missing user tips?

Reply #2
Going from the bottom of page 3 to the top of page 4 on mine is about a 4 and a half year span.
Since 1998

Reply #3
Yup, you're right!
Where did I look?

Reply #4
If you look at all of the tips on pages 4 and 5, you will see that they all have the date 3 May 2002. I suspect that this is more to do with a global date being applied to tips brought in from the previous system (probably the first date of the previous tips system), rather than missing tips.

Obviously wong - see later posts. How strange.
Rich.

Reply #5
Try to find this tip: https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=3061. It is dated 2003-01-20 10:14 am.  If you select a reverse sort on the "Started by" column, you'll find it quickly.  With the default order of "Last Post" it disappears.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Very strange. Seems to be a large gap between page 3 and page 4 no matter how they are sorted.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #7
After a bit more digging, I think there should around about 130 topics rather than 97.

If I sort on Last Post and export to Excel, and then sort on subject and export to Excel, then compare the two, I only get 61 topics that are common to both with a further 68 that are either contained in one sort or the other but not both as they should be.

I suppose that it's possible that there are topics that are not displayed in either sort orders but I don't really want to investigate further. It's sufficient to know that there is a problem.

I think it's one for Eric when he has time. But I'll keep the analysis for the time being.

Rich.

Reply #9
Well I did say that there may be topics not covered by either sort.

Good search Rick. Cheers

Rich.