Skip to main content
Topic: Note Alignment in Print Preview (Read 3688 times) previous topic - next topic

Note Alignment in Print Preview

The attachment aligns perfectly in Editor and View mode but fails in Print Preview.
Yes, I know there is a bar line missing. I have been living with the restriction that barlines must align where there is a system break, but surely NWC ought to handle a missing barline in the middle of a line better than this.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Note Alignment in Print Preview

Reply #1
Mmm, not the best...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Now here's a strange one. Swap the staff so that the one with the missing barline is on the top, and all is OK in all modes including print preview.
Rich.

Reply #4
Ah -
Got you.  Now understood.
Rich.

Reply #5
Not good.

I know you're not looking for a workaround, Rick, and I agree this should be fixed. But for the benefit of newbies who may need to leave a barline out in the middle of a line and who can't wait for the fix, we probably should point out that putting an invisible barline in the missing barline's position solves the problem.

Bill

Reply #6
putting an invisible barline in the missing barline's position solves the problem.
Depends on the problem. If you want to beam across it, have a lyric syllable cross it, or extend a Special Ending you are out of luck.

Thanks for supporting my plea to have this fixed.
Registered user since 1996