NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Rick G. on 2010-08-06 08:24 am

Title: Note Alignment in Print Preview
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-08-06 08:24 am
The attachment aligns perfectly in Editor and View mode but fails in Print Preview.
Yes, I know there is a bar line missing. I have been living with the restriction that barlines must align where there is a system break, but surely NWC ought to handle a missing barline in the middle of a line better than this.
Title: Re: Note Alignment in Print Preview
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2010-08-06 10:42 am
Mmm, not the best...
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2010-08-06 04:16 pm
Now here's a strange one. Swap the staff so that the one with the missing barline is on the top, and all is OK in all modes including print preview.
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-08-06 04:53 pm
Swap the staff so that the one with the missing barline is on the top, and all is OK [...]
The lower staff lacks a Sysbreak. NWC's horizontal stretching routine causes the problem.
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2010-08-06 05:31 pm
Ah -
Got you.  Now understood.
Post by: William Ashworth on 2010-08-06 06:21 pm
Not good.

I know you're not looking for a workaround, Rick, and I agree this should be fixed. But for the benefit of newbies who may need to leave a barline out in the middle of a line and who can't wait for the fix, we probably should point out that putting an invisible barline in the missing barline's position solves the problem.

Bill
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-08-06 07:04 pm
putting an invisible barline in the missing barline's position solves the problem.
Depends on the problem. If you want to beam across it, have a lyric syllable cross it, or extend a Special Ending you are out of luck.

Thanks for supporting my plea to have this fixed.