Skip to main content
Topic: Disable Short-Cut Keys?? (Read 3699 times) previous topic - next topic

Disable Short-Cut Keys??

Is it possible to disable certain short-cut keys in NWC2?  Since the last NWC updates, "Q" is used for notehead selection and "\" is used for notehead color.  As a sloppy typist, I frequently hit the "Q" instead of "TAB" while coding, and similarly with the "\" instead of "ENTER".  Most of the time, I'm many measures ahead before I look up and see (e.g.) red notestems with no noteheads!

If it were possible to disable these two keys, it would save me beaucoup time (not to mention $$ for typing lessons!).

Please advise.

Thanks,
debaumann

Re: Disable Short-Cut Keys??

Reply #1
If they can't be disabled, perhaps the various hot keys could have fairly quiet audible clues?

Reply #2
If they can't be disabled, perhaps the various hot keys could have fairly quiet audible clues?

God, I hope not - or at least if they're added I hope I can disable them. They would interfere with my concentration on the music.

Reply #3
FWIW, you can also use the * instead of the tab on the numeric keypad on the right side.  It also has a second Enter key.
Since 1998

Reply #4
Warren,

Now, THAT will help since my chubby paws are already over there anyhow to enter the notes.  I do use the ENTER on the keypad occasionally (usually when I miss the "3"), but never thought of the * for TA.

Thanks!
debaumann

Reply #5
I ran into the same type of fat fingers problem within the last two days.  It is extremely infrequently that I use any type of colored note so I wouldn't mind having to jump through hoops when I need to change the color of the note.  At the time I installed the notehead toolbar to change the color back to black.
Since 1998

Reply #6
Same as Warren...

Reply #7
Is it possible to disable certain short-cut keys in NWC2?  Since the last NWC updates, "Q" is used for notehead selection and "\" is used for notehead color.  As a sloppy typist, I frequently hit the "Q" instead of "TAB" while coding, and similarly with the "\" instead of "ENTER".
As you can see in the attachent, a resource editor can be used to delete any of NWC's shortcut keys. The drawback is that you must restore your original nwc2.exe in order to install any updates from NoteWorthy. Then you will need to modify the updated nwc2.exe file.
Registered user since 1996