Skip to main content
Topic: NoteWorthy Viewer (Read 24030 times) previous topic - next topic

NoteWorthy Viewer

I've already(5 days ago) posted my question at https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=6864.msg47134#msg47134, but no one answered. So I post it again.

I've never made any *.nwctxt files, just downloaded from this site and viewed with NWC 2.(Evaluation Version^^)
Like...

<Image Link>
<Image Link>
Staff with the cute font.(I love that font!)

I wanted to view this file with NWC 2 Viewer.

But...

As soon as I opened, there was a cursor warning: Launch Failure.

<Image Link>
The file launch appears to have been unsuccessful. Your *.nwc file associations have probably been altered from the standard configuration.
The file will be opened for viewing.

So I clicked the button "OK" and another cursor appeared... : Improper File Translation.

<Image Link>
File: 090705.nwctxt
This binary file appears to have been inproperly treated as an ASCII file. Would you like this program to attempt an automatic recovery of this file?

So, the question that I wanted to ask you is, Can't NWC 2.0 Viewer open the *.nwctxt files?

One more question -

<Image Link>
I made this file before format.(My computer's been formatted for about 4 months.)
This file was not created by this copy of the evaluation program, or it has been corrupted.
It cannot be loaded by the evaluation edition of the program.

Is there any ways to open this file (with an evaluation version)?
NWC User since 2008

Re: NoteWorthy Viewer

Reply #1
The Viewer does not open nwctxt files.

Files created by the evaluation program are only supported in the evaluation version on the computer that was used to create them.

Reply #2
I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, formatted, and now downloaded and installed.
I have made that nwc ver2 file before first uninstallation. After second installation, I was able to view that file with it.

Why was I able to view the file with NWC 2 that has been installed for the second time?
NWC User since 2008

Reply #3
It's magic.

Reply #4
Undocumented, possibly proprietary magic.

To summarize:
  • The viewer will not open nwctxt files.
  • The demo version will open nwctxt files.
  • Neither will create nwctxt files.
Registered user since 1996