Skip to main content
Topic: About the options of NWC v1.75 (Read 10065 times) previous topic - next topic

About the options of NWC v1.75

I have used NoteWorthy Composer for 8 months, and I learned a lot by myself. I know many properties and options. But there is a problem.
I wanted to change color by modifying option, and so I did. I changed the color of staffs such as 'active staff', 'hidden notation', 'play highlight'. But I can't change the color what appears at the edge of a staff(border). How can I change it? Or, is it to be not to changed?

Sesirine.
NWC User since 2008

Re: About the options of NWC v1.75

Reply #1
Seserine,

Can you make it a little more clear what you mean when you refer to "what appears at the edge of a staff(border)" Do you mean such things as Staff Labels, or things printed or written above or  below the Staffs?

Reply #2
If you mean the Active staff frame, it can be turned off but, the color is fixed (dark blue) not under user control.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Thanks. I feel inconvenient, but it's okay.
NWC User since 2008

Reply #4
The active staff frame is actually an inversion boundary around the active staff. Its color depends on the content that falls on the active staff boundary. You can add some leger line notes extending into the boundary to see what I mean.

Reply #5
Sesirine wrote
... inconvenient, but it's okay

I just toggled it off long ago, and have never missed it.  NWC's significant strengths include the number of choices you can make, and how easy it is to invoke them.

Reply #6
I just toggled it off long ago, and have never missed it.
As did I. A narrow bracket along the left or right side of the window showing the vertical extent of the staff might be useful, but the full rectangle just gets in the way.
Registered user since 1996