Skip to main content
Topic: Final bar line -- how to make repeat (Read 3370 times) previous topic - next topic

Final bar line -- how to make repeat

How do you make the final bar line a master repeat sign?  I cannot select the final bar line to change its format.  If I insert a master repeat close just before the final bar line, I end up with the repeat sign followed immediately by the default final bar line.

Thanks.

Re: Final bar line -- how to make repeat

Reply #1
If I insert a master repeat close just before the final bar line, I end up with the repeat sign followed immediately by the default final bar line.
Go to the General Tab of Staff Properties (F2) and select: 'Open (hidden)' for 'Ending Bar:'

This will hide the final barline.

Note: There is another, legacy method but it is not as flexible.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
An alternate method is to select your final "master repeat close," press <alt><enter> to bring up the "properties" dialogue, and check the "force system break" checkbox. This will not only eliminate the default "system close" barline but will justify the last staff of your printed music, making it the same length as all the other staves - which makes a more professional-looking score. (If this is not an effect you want, Rick's method is better.)

Reply #3
What I consider the simplest method (probably what Rick mentioned as the legacy method) is to to to the General Tab of Staff Properties (F2), but select Master Repeat Close for the Ending Bar.