Skip to main content
Topic: Stabat Mater -Dvorak (Read 4012 times) previous topic - next topic

Stabat Mater -Dvorak

Hi,

I would like find the Stabat Mater of A. Dvorak for NWC files. Someone could help me with that, I have looked in many places on the web, but I did'nt yet find it. thanks

Andre

Re: Stabat Mater -Dvorak

Reply #1
No-one ever answered your plea.  Did you find an NWC version - or indeed any other version - of this Stabat Mater?  I'm currently keying in the Work; it would be nice if I could borrow someone else's effort!

MusicJohn, 12/Feb/09

Reply #2
No-one ever answered your plea.  Did you find an NWC version - or indeed any other version - of this Stabat Mater?  I'm currently keying in the Work; it would be nice if I could borrow someone else's effort!
I found this link if that is what you are looking for.
Since 1998

Reply #3
Thanks, Warren, but I'd already found that, and sadly it's not much use (it's just the voice parts, with no interpretation or anything).  I shall just have to flog my way through it, as I feared would be the case.  So far in a week or so I've done the first 30 pages (of a particularly difficult score); only another 75 to go. 

Mind you, I'd still like to hear from Andre, but considering his original request was back in 2001 I doubt that I will, even if he's still "alive" (as it were).

MusicJohn, 12/Feb/09

Reply #4
   And at last I've completed this Herculaean task ... well, I've keyed in the whole Work, from the standard Choral score, and sent it off to Richard for putting in the Scriptorium (he'll probably upload it by this coming Friday; meanwhile anyone who wants a Midi-based preview can find it on my Website - http://www.thehoopers.demon.co.uk).

MusicJohn, 1/Mar/09