Skip to main content
Topic: Maybe a glitch (Read 3270 times) previous topic - next topic

Maybe a glitch

I don't know if this would really be concidered a glitch or not, but here it is anyway.
Whenever a note is right on the blue line that is the border of another staff, part of it turns yellow, but after that note turns red and the note plays, it is all black, and appears to be layered above the border.  Just thought I would point it out.

Re: Maybe a glitch

Reply #1
I couldn't replicate the problem.  Could you attach an example or point out where it happens in the "samples" folder.
Since 1998

Reply #2
Ok, get a piano score started and paste this on the bottom staff and notice how there is a yellow line crossing all of the notes when the top staff is selected, when this note plays in the song the yellow line disappears, but only until the score is done playing, then the yellow line is back.  The code is shown below.

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Rest|Dur:Whole|Opts:Stem=Down
|Bar
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:10|Opts:Stem=Down
|Bar
|Rest|Dur:Whole|Opts:Stem=Down
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

Reply #3
A glitchlet at most. I assume you are refering to the 'active staff frame' in Tools->Options...->Editor. I usually have it turned off (unchecked). When checked, it inverts the color if it clashes with a visible item. During playback, notes are highlighted, cancelling the effect. The color inversion doesn't return until playback stops. On a priority scale of 1 - 10 I'd give it -1.5, but IMO, anything that anyone finds strange is worth reporting.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
I too leave the active staff frame turned off.  I find it's an annoyance.  As long as I've set the active staff colour differently from the inactive ones, I don't need the frames.

Reply #5
I too leave the active staff frame turned off.  I find it's an annoyance.  As long as I've set the active staff colour differently from the inactive ones, I don't need the frames.
Ditto.  In fact, I've forgotten it even existed until I used my wife's system at work and found that she has it on...