Skip to main content
Topic: same ol' printing question (Read 3087 times) previous topic - next topic

same ol' printing question

I hate to sound like a parrot since I have read many posts on this already but I wanted to make sure that there isn't something in a newer version that can fix all of the white space when trying to print.

Anything yet?  Thanks for any reply.

FYI... I am trying to put together a small booklet/hymnal for our church and I would love to be able to use regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper printed landscape.

using NWC 1.75c

Re: same ol' printing question

Reply #1
NWC 1.75 is not quite up to the task.

I was able to produce the attachment with NWC2.

Each took about a day and 16 - 20 staves. As you may notice in the last line of HYFRYDOL, Noteworthy insists on putting a bit too much space between notes. There are some hymns that will not work in the same space that a hymnal publisher can achieve.

If you are interested in the details, start a topic in the NWC2 board.

Edit: It is better to download the attachment and use an external viewer rather than viewing it online. For printing, you may need to crop it to your printer's "Printable Area."
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
There are many workarounds for 1.75 to get two hymns on an A4 page in landscape.
You can copy from print preview and paste to a Word document set up in landscape, two hymns to the page, or using a PDF Printer such as PDF995 and PDF995edit, make a two page PDF document with two NWC files then print "Two to a page" - most printers these days will do that. I have used both these techniques, but what I do for myself now is use an A5 display book and print each file at A5 size and just slip it in the pocket.

Reply #3
Thanks all.  My time is a bit limited with this project right now but when I get some time to get back to it maybe I will start a thread on the NWC2 board for further assistance.