Skip to main content
Topic: Plugin directions for Firefox (Read 3105 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin directions for Firefox

Just to review, here are the instructions from the plug in page...

Instructions: Download and run this plugin installer program. During the installation, select which browser(s) should be configured to utilize the plugin. Once the setup is complete, you should close all browser windows before proceeding with further browsing.

I downloaded and ran the installer program.  First it tried to install onto IE.  I clicked through that and it asked what browser to install on.  I navigated to the Firefox folder hoping to "select which browser(s) should be configured."  I was looking for firefox.exe but no .exe files showed up.  I opened the 'plugin' folder and clicked Next.  It came back to tell me the installation was successful.  I restarted Firefox and still don't see anything in the samples page.  Is there something I missed? 

This computer is an HP Pavilion desktop with Vista Home Premium, 3GB RAM. 

Re: Plugin directions for Firefox

Reply #1
Select the main Firefox folder. The installer will automatically install into the "plugins" folder. You can also just do this manually. If you look at your plugins folder, it might now have another plugins folder underneath it containing the NWC plugin. You can move this up one level and it should work. Beware that the current browser plug-in does not play nice with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) protection enabled.

Reply #2
A pre-release edition of a NoteWorthy Composer 2 Browser Plugin is currently rehearsing in our new Back Stage area. This new area is only available to NWC2 Tester and Virtuoso members.

Reply #3
What are (or will be) the features of this new plugin?

Specifically, I'm wondering if it will support viewing the music as a page instead of a single line.