NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: multibaptist on 2008-01-22 05:36 am

Title: same ol' printing question
Post by: multibaptist on 2008-01-22 05:36 am
I hate to sound like a parrot since I have read many posts on this already but I wanted to make sure that there isn't something in a newer version that can fix all of the white space when trying to print.

Anything yet?  Thanks for any reply.

FYI... I am trying to put together a small booklet/hymnal for our church and I would love to be able to use regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper printed landscape.

using NWC 1.75c
Title: Re: same ol' printing question
Post by: Rick G. on 2008-01-22 06:56 am
NWC 1.75 is not quite up to the task.

I was able to produce the attachment with NWC2.

Each took about a day and 16 - 20 staves. As you may notice in the last line of HYFRYDOL, Noteworthy insists on putting a bit too much space between notes. There are some hymns that will not work in the same space that a hymnal publisher can achieve.

If you are interested in the details, start a topic in the NWC2 board.

Edit: It is better to download the attachment and use an external viewer rather than viewing it online. For printing, you may need to crop it to your printer's "Printable Area."
Post by: llucyy on 2008-01-24 11:37 pm
There are many workarounds for 1.75 to get two hymns on an A4 page in landscape.
You can copy from print preview and paste to a Word document set up in landscape, two hymns to the page, or using a PDF Printer such as PDF995 and PDF995edit, make a two page PDF document with two NWC files then print "Two to a page" - most printers these days will do that. I have used both these techniques, but what I do for myself now is use an A5 display book and print each file at A5 size and just slip it in the pocket.
Post by: multibaptist on 2008-02-11 10:27 pm
Thanks all.  My time is a bit limited with this project right now but when I get some time to get back to it maybe I will start a thread on the NWC2 board for further assistance.