Skip to main content
Topic: Rejoice in the Lord Always (Read 3514 times) previous topic - next topic

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Greetings,

I am looking for a Noteworthy version of the anthem "Rejoice in the Lord Alway "by George Rathbone.
I have searched the Scriptorium and many other sites but have found little of Rathbone' anthems. I have found a glorious abundance of works by other people which include midi files so I can hear pieces. Some sites even allow me to hear parts (SATB) played separately. But alas the index of author have no Rathbone.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Frank

Re: Rejoice in the Lord Always

Reply #1
If you have found MIDI files, MIDI files can be easily imported into Noteworthy.

Reply #2
A number of his compositions are listed here http://www.musicweb-international.com/garlands/4th.htm

You might Google each of the titles and see if any midi files show up.

I don't known when he died, but since he was born in 1874, it isn't inconceivable that he may have died more than 50 years ago.  If so, much of his work could not be in the public domain in some countries by now.  I won't venture an opinion re public domain in the US, since it seems overly complicated.

Reply #3
The better known composers already have many of their compositions transcribed into NWC, but there is a good chance Rathbone's compositions haven't been.  Should you wish to transcribe this work, a google search of "mozart requiem nwc" will give you a number of sites which would appreciate your contribution, giving you appropriate credit. Foremost among these is the Scriptorium whose updates are regularly posted in this forum.
Since 1998