Skip to main content
Topic: The relative positions of 2 members of a chord which are on the same note.  (Read 2881 times) previous topic - next topic

The relative positions of 2 members of a chord which are on the same note.

Hi,
I am creating a chord which consists of a whole note with a downward stem and a dotted quarter note with an upward stem, both on the same note. Somehow the whole note gets placed between the quarternote and its dot, which makes it difficult to notice the dot when reading the music. If the whole note was placed before the quarter note the problem would disappear; but is it possible to force this to happen? Or is there another solution? Layering doesn't help and nor does the order in which I input each note.
Thanks for any help,
Nick

Re: The relative positions of 2 members of a chord which are on the same note.

Reply #1
Confirmed, as far as the input order is concerned. Extra note spacing does not help, because it applies to the chord, not the notes of the chord.
Layering will help if you give the dotted quarter Extra note spacing of 1. I just tried.
cheers,
Rob.

Reply #2
I suspect that this topic should be in the NWC2 forum.

To make matters worse,  NWC2 reserves space for the dot between the chord members!

Image is of a couple more sensible, layered alternatives.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Many thanks t'y'both. Pity there isn't extra note spacing of 1.5 in either NWC 1.x or 2.x !

Nick