Skip to main content
Topic: Beta 2.19 <Ctrl-Z> returns to start of staff after changing font (Read 3061 times) previous topic - next topic

Beta 2.19 <Ctrl-Z> returns to start of staff after changing font

I'm not certain, but I think this behaviour is new...  It is certainly unwelcome.

If you place a text object and select a font - normal or user, doesn't matter, then go into page setup to change the font - maybe it's too small, or you want to specify a different typeface - whatever - and then discover you've made a bad selection and press <Ctrl-Z> the insertion point moves to the start of the staff.

I'm sure it used to stay at the current location and you could see the effect of <Ctrl-Z> and <Ctrl-Y> without having to search for it.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Beta 2.19 <Ctrl-Z> returns to start of staff after changing font

Reply #1
Font mods have always been funky. Sometimes they reset the cursor, othertimes they don't. Never have been able to figure out what causes it. I can understand homing the cursor if you delete the active staff, but short of that, something more intelligent is in order.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Beta 2.19 <Ctrl-Z> returns to start of staff after changing font

Reply #2
It's been that way for as long as I can remember.
Usually before fooling with fonts, I'll place a random object where I want to be so that after I'm sent home against my wishes I press <Ctrl-Z> twice, I'll return to where I was.  Obviously this isn't the best way to handle it, but it has saved time and energy in the past.
The point is, I would love for this behavior to be corrected!
Sometimes they reset the cursor, other times they don't.
I think if the Fonts tab is the active one when first opened it won't misbehave, but if you have to switch to Fonts from something else, say Contents, that's when it's naughty.