Skip to main content
Topic: YA ALL ROCK (Read 11586 times) previous topic - next topic

YA ALL ROCK

I love you guys. You have made using this program so wonderful. I was actually able to write my 14th century madrigal and create a MP3 CD.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

tammie

Re: YA ALL ROCK

Reply #1
Well, we all rock, and mister: you bounce!
Glad you like it - we all do!
cheers,
Rob.

Reply #2
tammie

Hi, Rob -

I'm not sure "mister" would be the correct word to use.

-John
John

Reply #3
I disected "bouncemister". However much I would like to bounce a mistress (on my knee maybe) the chosen name clearly suggested a mister.
OTOH, maybe you are right. Then Tammy bounces misters - however you want to interpret that. And so far she managed to bounce, all told, 7.

cheers,
Rob.

Reply #4
Odd - when I first read it, it was "bouncemeister7".
I know I'm going blind, but...

Reply #5
Tiggers can bounce!

Tammie/bouncemeister7 (I saw meister too), post a copy of the NWC file or a link to it or the mp3 file.  I'm sure we'd all love to hear it!

Reply #6
Looked up the original "Lyrics" post, it was bouncemister7.  I'd rather be a master of bounce as a musician, myself.

Reply #7
post a copy of the NWC file or a link to it or the mp3 file.  I'm sure we'd all love to hear it!

It's true, they even put up with my stuff, and i'm the worst thing to happen to music since paul mccartney's solo career.

Reply #8
Christian-Re:"It's true, they even put up with my stuff, and i'm the worst thing to happen to music since paul mccartney's solo career."

LOL!!!

Reply #9
LOL...you've put up with some of my junk, too... in all forms, from suggestions to long posts to cluelessness to deranged arrangements, such as Chopin's Revolutionary Study put to rap!

Reply #10
LOL...you've put up with some of my junk, too... in all forms, from suggestions to long posts to cluelessness to deranged arrangements, such as Chopin's Revolutionary Study put to rap!

I must hear this!

Reply #12
While I probably wouldn't want a career like Sir Pauls for myself, I think he beat the heck out of the other three in the post-Beatle category, and still going! - Couldn't get to the file from the link (revolutionary rap, that is).

Reply #13
Nah, george had the best (in my opinion). i think john would have had the best but it was not ment to be i guess. and ringo music, well i guess for him it don't come easy

Reply #14
While I probably wouldn't want a career like Sir Pauls for myself, I think he beat the heck out of the other three in the post-Beatle category, and still going! - Couldn't get to the file from the link (revolutionary rap, that is).

That's because the link is outdated.  My FileUpYours account expired after 30 or so days of nonuse.  Let me repost it...and while I'm at it, I'll quote my original warning of the song's obscurity (with the new link):

Okay...I know it's been a few months...I even had to email myself my username/password because I forgot my username was just "Bob"...

I arranged this one a couple months ago (I had free time in the summer).

I never thought I would use Chopin and rap in the same sentence, but this post proves me wrong.

Here's my favorite piece by Chopin put to a slightly different beat:

Classical Remix, Op. 2, No. 3: Revolutionary Rap
written by Weird Bob Schnautz (except for solo piano parts)
inspired by Frydyryck Chopin, Fr. Stan Keroppi
http://www.fileupyours.com/files/114697/Revolutionary%20Rap.mid

Enjoy, or else have fun ripping your hair out as you listen.
By the way...the high-pitched noise is a string section holding two notes that are very close in pitch proximity to one another...not the dishwasher in the other room (I had to explain that to my mom). This is a common "noisemaker" in rap music that I find helps set the mood.

Reply #15
I just realized that I have a copy on my computer that I downloaded...I hope I haven't accidentally modified it.
It's attached.
Bob, I hope you don't mind me attaching this instead of you.  %}

Reply #16
Thanks.  I'm a second user on our copy, so I didn't get a Beta Tester deal and can't upload.

Reply #17
G'day Bob,
I remember listening to this the first time you posted it - don't mind it at all - AFTER I turned off that "noisemaker".  I found it totally distracted from the music.

If that is as common a technique as you've said then it's no wonder rap leaves me cold.   Diff'rent strokes I guess...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #18
Yes, I happen to find it an interesting effect, and it does help set the tone...but only if it's tolerable.  And for many people, it's not.  Inspired by Fr. Stan Keroppi's awesome rap rendition of Kumbaya, I decided to borrow the common technique.  It probably would sound better if the strings faded in where they come back in each time, but that's a project for another evening when I don't have to be up early in the morning.

Still glad you like it (and figured out how to turn off the strings-- things like that tend to distract musicians, I've noticed...even myself.  Ever catch yourself only listening to the drums and forgetting to hear the rest of the music?)...by the way, thanks again for uploading the song, kahman.  Saves me reposting it in due time when it will surely come up in another conversation!

By the way, if anyone else has remixes, I'd love to hear them.  I've got a couple others from the same summer, but they weren't quite as good-- almost embarrassing compared to this one.

Reply #19
You're welcome.  I have kept it on my computer for when I need an, um, light-hearted piece to listen to.  :-)