Skip to main content
Topic: printing (Read 6060 times) previous topic - next topic

printing

is there any way to get a score to print odd pages and then evens? allowing it to print front and back easily?

Re: printing

Reply #1
As far as I know, there is not.

Reply #2
Using a pdf printing utility should work.  Print the song to it, and then print the pages in the sequence you want, using Acrobat Reader.

PDFCreator, freeware that is available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ is the program I use.  A search through the NWC forums for "pdf" should give you the names of others as well.

Reply #4
It would be nice to have the option to print the odds only.
M$ Word does this as: 1,3,5, etc.
[then you would print 2,4,6 etc. in reverse order]
Having to do this manually is a bit of a (slow-)downer.

When printing two sides, do not use 20lb. paper (Oy! the bleed-through!).
Use at least 28lb., or 32lb if you can find it.

This is cool:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
-Helps prevent duplicates.

Reply #5
In response to the original post:

If your printer has the option "Duplex" or "Booklet" this should be possible.
Check the Page Layout section of your printer properties.
The printout should pause between the odds and evens allowing you to turn the stack.

Reply #6
I hadn't thought of that, Barry, but I can confirm that using NWC2's Printer Setup utility, I can access the odd and even page options for my printer.  My printer does NOT have duplex or booklet options, so I would have to print all the odd pages, then reinsert the stack upside down, and print the even pages.

Reply #7
Alternatively, you can save the file as a Word document and then print all odd then all even if you choose.

Reply #8
How can you save the file as a word document?  Do you mean copy from Print Preview and Paste into Word page by page?

Reply #9
My printer is a cheap CANON Pixma 1600. It allows me to print individual pages or to print odd or even pages and to print in booklet from ( although as this is limited to a folded A4 sheet it is not as usefu las it could be) Does your printer not offer similar choices?

Tony

Reply #10
Yes Kahman,  that is what I had in mind.

Reply #11
to answer my own question, the simplest way in my opinion is to print it one sided and take it to kinkos. its a wonderful place

Reply #12
Is my cheap printer unique?

Tony

Reply #13
Your printer is not unique. Just to summarize this with regard to NWC.

NWC does not have a built-in mechanism for selecting odd/even page printing. However, many print drivers include facilities for performing special function, such as:

• printing odd/even pages
  • booklet printing
  • collapsing multiple printed pages into a single printed sheet of paper (2,3, 4, 6, and more pages per sheet)

In my experience, these driver supported functions tend to work fine with NWC.