Skip to main content
Topic: Beta 2.09 coming soon (Read 9906 times) previous topic - next topic

Beta 2.09 coming soon

FYI: Beta 2.09 will be available tomorrow (Thursday), in about 24 hours from the time of this posting.

Edit: Beta 2.09 is now available.

Re: Beta 2.09 coming soon

Reply #1
Any idea (however general) for the full release of V2.0??  I've been waiting and watching for over two years when 2.0 was starting in Beta. 

I've had Noteworthy since 1998 (original distribution was on a 3.5" floppy), and have always downloaded updates and upgrades (with appropriate remuneration)... never got the CD, so can't try the Betas.

By the way, I have just under 10,000 NWC files, mostly choral, some instrumental (and nearly 80% Baroque) if anyone is interested.

Doug

Reply #3
We have not announced the NWC2 release schedule yet. I anticipate that one will be available fairly soon, especially relative to its extended development cycle. I anticipate some enhancements to our pricing and fulfillment schemes, but nothing that would undermine the current value of buying the NWC 1.75b CD (full or upgrade) to get access to NWC2.

Reply #4
Beta 2.09 is now available. Change log:

• Improve the dot placement enhancements from beta 2.08
  • Note spacing Improvements
  • Changing the Instrument Tree is remembered for future NWC2 sessions
  • Add index to zoom dialog, for easier keyboard selection
  • Add Windows Volume Control to the Tools menu
  • Improve the toolbar factory reset mechanism
  • Use the active staff as the default selection when entering Score Review

Reply #5
G'day Eric,

Cancel this report - did what I should'a done a'fore I reported anything and rebooted - all OK now.  Sorry for the panic ;)

I had an error...

I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #6
Whereas I do have an error.  My bar-lines no longer align.  They were fine this morning (Australian time) with 2.08.  I've just installed 2.09.  I've tried re-booting, but that didn't change anything.

I'm using Mr Lawrie Pardy's Swing Text for all the standard fonts (at 11,11,11,24,16,8 points), and SwingDings at 20 point in User 1.  My staff size is 19 point.

I've removed most of the piece, as the problem presents very early.  The layered staves are for stuff that happens later.

Cheers,
Ewan

EDIT:  The problem occurs in print preview.  Printing the page doesn't fix it.

Reply #7
I see the bar line problem too. I'll look into it.

Re: Beta 2.09 coming soon - just going OT for a sec

Reply #8
G'day Ewan,

I'm using Mr Lawrie Pardy's Swing Text for all the standard fonts (at 11,11,11,24,16,8 points), and SwingDings at 20 point in User 1.  My staff size is 19 point.

Way cool mate!  Good to know people are using the fonts :)

Reply #9
Lawrie, they're fantastic.  I write out a lot of theatre parts - to save page-turns, to make cuts easier to navigate etc.  The Swing fonts make the music just that bit more playable, somehow!

Let's see how well-versed our community is:  The test file I submitted is the beginning of a song from a well known show.  I changed the name to protect against potential copyright problems.  Anyone recognise it?

Reply #10
Some of the note spacing enhancements got yanked, and Beta 2.10 was born.

Available now: NWC2 Beta 2.10

Reply #11
A few problems:

1) If you set Ending Bar to Open (hidden), there is no longer any extra space after the final barline. While this looks better, the process to select or delete the final bar is now different from every other item.  Entering/modifing objects at the end of the staff is confusing. On balance, IMO, this is not an improvement.

2) Copy this into two layered staves:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Chord|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:0,1
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Layering/unlayering them changes the dot alignment. This is not good.

3) The problem in:
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5778.msg37701#msg37701
seems to have been fixed. Thanks.
However, this is a new problem:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Rest|Dur:16th
|Note|Dur:8th,Dotted|Pos:-1^|Opts:Stem=Up
|Bar
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:8th,Dotted|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
The dot used to be placed inside the upflag, now it is after. I see that this is the way Alfred's does it, but I don't like it.

I'll review this after I try Beta 2.10
Barline alignment seems to be fixed, but the 3 issues noted above remain ...
Registered user since 1996

Reply #12
Many of the note spacing things in 2.09 were yanked, so I wouldn't spend much time analyzing 2.09.

I agree that more should be done with regard to dot placement in chords with 2nd intervals.

Reply #13
Thanks for the very swift fix!  I continued working on my non-internet home computer on 2.08.  I've arrived at work this morning to find 2.10.  I've installed, and it's working just fine.

Reply #14
I must be missing something. Ewan, where can that test file you submitted be found?

Reply #15
G'day Fitzclan,

I must be missing something. Ewan, where can that test file you submitted be found?

'tis back up the screen in reply #6.