Skip to main content
Topic: .PDF? (Read 27893 times) previous topic - next topic

.PDF?

Is it possible to make a .PDF document with NoteWorthy?

Re: .PDF?

Reply #1
Opps  I think I put this in the wrong forum...

Reply #2
There are, but they require the use of a printer emulator. A number of people use a free one. I will search the other forums and see if I can find a link for you. I don't use it because I have a pdf generator because of other software that I have installed.

Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Reply #3
Found it. Is called cutepdf. Can be found at http://cutepdf.com/.
Keith
Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Reply #5
I use PDF995.  It's free, but has ads.  For $9.95, you can do away with the ads.  I've had no problems with it.  I also use FoxIt as a PDF reader, since it loads a lot faster than Adobe, and is free.

- John
John

Reply #6
I use another free pdf creator called Primopdf. Very simple to use, free and no ads.

Reply #8
Thanks every one

Reply #9
I definetly go with Fitsclan wth Primo pdf I had a bit of a problem getting it right
but after my son in law gave me a little man to man lesson, I felt liberated
being able to write some real fancy parts thanks to NWC.

Reply #10
Sorry Virtual Shock,
I suppose it's all well and fine telling you what programs to download ,and with all
my boasting I forgot to tell you what my son in law David showed me, in order
to help you.This has probably been demonstrated somewhere else on this forum
but this is how I understand how it works using NWC with Primo pdf
1,Open existing standard NWC document you have worked on.

2.Still in the NWC file under the File  section choose Print.

3.Your usual printer be it a Hp or Samsung , whatever should show in the
   in the printer window .

4.It is assumed that you have succesfully downloaded the pdf program and
   your computer has installed what ever you have chosen to convert
   files to pdf (portable document format)

5.In the select printer little window select "Primo pdf" which for example ,
   now forms part of you printer selection

6.At this stage select which file you would like it under eg My documents or My
   Music or whatever.

7.Press "OK" in the Primo Pdf utility(don't worry it doesn't physically print out
            of your printer )the Primo Pdf dose some magic and bingo
            your original NWC springs to life on your screen  using ADOBE PDF     
             READER
            if you have already downloaded it.

8.You should find your creation in the Primo Pdf files or under the other files eg
   My documents or other place you have chosen to save pdf documents,which
   are ready for export as pdf.

9.Have fun Timoteus B.

Reply #11
I find Primo a bit unreliable. CutePDF (also mentioned before in another thread) is probably better.
Supported by The Brotherhood of Pandas

Reply #12
Not to put any of the other programs down, but I updated PDFCreator.exe to the latest version, and it is wonderful.

Reply #13
Huh? I tried downloading it, and it only created them from .ps files!

Reply #14
Isn't it interesting how many solutions there can be to a problem.

My preferred product is PDFMachine...  Just 'cos it's the one I happen to have and it always works for me...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #15

Huh? I tried downloading it, and it only created them from .ps files!

That's strange.  Are you treating PDFCreator.exe as your printer? (alt-File/Print setup/Name)

Reply #16
I just tried to, but I can't find it!

Reply #18
Downloaded it. Works now. Thanks!

Reply #19
I have ubuntu, & am using a derivative of wine to run nwc2. It works out fine, & as i am used to nwc, I would rather use it than something else. I recently downloaded Primopdf to be able to convert nwc to pdf, but it is not working. When I go to print, & select Primopdf & hit OK, nothing happens. Please someone help.

-Michael Dykes

Reply #20
I have ubuntu, & am using a derivative of wine to run nwc2. It works out fine, & as i am used to nwc, I would rather use it than something else. I recently downloaded Primopdf to be able to convert nwc to pdf, but it is not working. When I go to print, & select Primopdf & hit OK, nothing happens. Please someone help.

I have used NWC/WINE/Ubuntu for years, and very often print my scores to pdf. No special software is needed, as printing to pdf is available in all applications. If your pdf printer is not seen, you can very easily add it under System->Administration->Printing.

I do not know Primopdf, but are you sure you know where it stores the pdf it generates, and how the output file is named? Maybe it works?

--Christian
NWC on Ubuntu Linux/Wine

Reply #21
We all have our favorites, most are freeware, and all of them work, although some work better than others. I use PDFReDirect. Extremely easy to use, feature-rich, and works like a charm. 4-1/2 stars out of five from Download.com. Here's the link:

http://www.download.com/PDF-ReDirect/3000-10743_4-10255233.html

Like the others, this installs itself as a printer, and will show up in your printer list in the printer setup dialogue in NWC (or any other program). Instead of hard copy, the "printed" output is a .pdf file. Thinking "print" instead of "save" takes a little getting used to, but once you grasp that a .pdf is a printed document - just printed to a file instead of to paper - that idea falls into place pretty rapidly.

Bill

Reply #22
Actually, my fave for creating .pdf files of all kinds is OpenOffice at www.openoffice.org, which is a free parallel office suite to Microsoft Office.  In NWC Print Preview click Copy as Windows Metafile (could be the other choice, placeable metafile, don't remember).  In OpenOffice, open a new blank word processor or blank drawing and paste the wmf from the clipboard.  You can resize the image by clicking and dragging on the image handles to your satisfaction, then click Export to PDF in the File menu or click on the toolbar button for the same.  OpenOffice offers the advantage for creating many kinds of edited .pdf files by editing them first in the most convenient part of the office suite and then export to pdf with the finished edited result.  No printer emulator hassles, and Export to PDF produces a saved document that works identically to anything created by Adobe Acrobat.