Skip to main content
Topic: How do you create a bird's eye wirh NWC2 (Read 11916 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you create a bird's eye wirh NWC2

Can some explain how to create a bird eye?

JLS
Jerry of Wichita

Re: How do you create a bird's eye wirh NWC2

Reply #1
If you want a fermata, this can be added via Insert, Tempo Variance. The Insert toolbar also includes a fermata, which can be used for even faster insertion into the staff.

Reply #2
Just curious...what is this "bird's eye" you speak of?

Reply #3
A "bird's eye" is just another name for the fermata symbol (I guess because it sort of looks like a bird's eye).  It's the symbol that's the top half of a circle with a dot in the middle.

- John
John

Reply #6
Is that comment something to do with frozen peas?

Reply #7
That was random.

It's in Tempo Variance. You can also choose how long it lasts in sixteenth notes. :)
:D

Reply #8
Not so random if you live in Australia!

Reply #9
Gidday Ewan.

Yes, Ed. Even though Tina hasn't confirmed or denied it yet, Birds Eye are - in Australia - a purveyor of frozen vegetable produce.
Hence my "random" comment.
Their frozen peas make very good ice packs for sprained ankles, corked thighs, etc...

Cheers,
A

Reply #10
Their frozen peas make very good ice packs for sprained ankles, corked thighs, etc...

They don't make bad eatin' either  (I like peas  :)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #11
A problem I have had in the past with inserting a fermata, and am now having with inserting a Pedal symbol, is that the symbol does not always appear immediately below the note(s) to which it should be attached.

tony

Reply #12
G'day Tony,
for fermata's placement should be centred at next note/bar - highlight the fermata, <alt-Enter> to access the properties, "expression Placement" tab, Justification = center and Alignment/Placement = At Next note/bar.

The same process will work for any placeable element other than notes, clefs, key signatures, special endings and barlines (think I got 'em all) thus you can manage your pedal symbols in the same way.

Reply #13
Gidday Ewan.

Yes, Ed. Even though Tina hasn't confirmed or denied it yet, Birds Eye are - in Australia - a purveyor of frozen vegetable produce.
   Yes. Birds Eye is/was freezer and purveyer of food generally. They were the first company in the UK to do so. I did hear a while ago, they were closing down / being bought out or something.

Reply #14
Here's a link with the history of Birds Eye, which says the company was actually started by Clarence Birdseye.

http://www.birdseyefoods.com/birdseye/about/history.aspx

Of course, we are really off-topic now, since I don't have a clue about how to cook frozen peas with NWC2.

- John
John

Reply #15
... I don't have a clue about how to cook frozen peas with NWC2.

Your music has to be really hot.

Reply #16
Lawrie,

thank you for your helpful reply

Tony

Reply #17
Yes, Lawrie is always most helpful, but I rather like David's reply!

Reply #18
G'day Tony,
you're most welcome.

Like fitzclan I rather like Davids reply too.

Reply #19
Fortunately, we can still have Bird's Trifle.

Reply #20
Birds Trifle?! Hmmmmm... Well I've heard of Savoy Truffle. Come to think of it, I don't know just what that is either. Must be a regional thing.

Reply #21
If you want a fermata, this can be added via Insert, Tempo Variance. The Insert toolbar also includes a fermata, which can be used for even faster insertion into the staff.

Or type e f

Vox