Skip to main content
Topic: About the Tips & Tricks area (Read 57285 times) previous topic - next topic

About the Tips & Tricks area

This area is dedicated to tips and tricks in the usage of NoteWorthy Composer. Some things to keep in mind about this area:

• This area is dedicated to NoteWorthy Composer Tips and Tricks.
  • If you own a topic in this area, you have full control over its content. You can delete any replies to your topics. If someone posts a suggestion or correction, you can decide whether to react on the suggestion, and decide what should happen to the reply (whether it should stay in your topic or not).
  • You must be an official NWC2 user if you want to post here. Only verified users can attach files to their posts.

If you have an idea for a new object, and want to explore the plugin possibilities before official publish, then this top level board is a good place to do this. Generally, it is recommended that you use .test or .demo extensions for all exploratory object plugins.

New Trick and Tips

Reply #1
Eric wrote in the Tips and Trick board :
You cannot post a new topic directly into this area. Topics will generally get promoted into this area from the General Discussion boards if they are nominated for this promotion by the user base.

Don't like this. Would much rather the message be moved by the administrator if it doesn't fit in tips and tricks.

In fact, after thinking about this, I've come back to modify the post.

[red]I hate this idea.[/red]

It's rather insulting that the NoteWorthy user is not thought to be intellegent enough to decide if an idea that he or she has had would be of  interest and benefit to other users and be able to post it as such directly in an area for that purpose.

I know mistakes happen and things get posted in the wrong place - but not that often.

I'll get off my soap box now.
Rich.

Re: New Trick and Tips

Reply #2
I agree with Rich on this one.

Carl
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Re: New Trick and Tips

Reply #3
Thanks for the feedback. This is a work in progress, so your opinions are important.

I am going to merge this topic into the Tips & Tricks announcement, if you don't mind.

Re: About the Tips & Tricks area

Reply #4
The area has been opened for posting my members who have upgraded their account membership.

Reply #5
The consideration and decision given is much appreciated. Thanks.
Rich.

Reply #6
All members can now post in this area.

Reply #7
Are NWC2 specific posts welcome in this forum?
If yes, how should such things be identified?
Registered user since 1996

Reply #8
You might want to identify your post as NWC2 specific, but we won't require it.

Reply #9
This board is losing its usefulness. In the old forum, I could look at each page and find several useful topics, but not here. Since the initiator controls the content of this board, I would suggest that no one be allowed to initiate a post post here until they have been registered at least 90 days.

Reply #10
I concur.  Although, perhaps 90 days is not really sufficient.  It took me at least a couple of years before I had enough experience with NWC to be able to even appreciate some of the truly creative suggestions available...

I simply didn't appreciate the problems being addressed...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #11
We will give this some consideration, although I personally do not like post count or time based approaches. I don't really like the automatic "newbie" tags that forum software often assigns to members purely based on post counts or length of membership.

For now, I will try to do a better job of moving topics out of here that do not belong. If I miss something, feel free to use the "Report to moderator" function to give us a nudge.

Reply #12
... feel free to use the "Report to moderator" function to give us a nudge.
I have now reported a few. I will stop adding snide threads about posting in the wrong forum.
I have removed some of my threads that can be removed without distorting the flow of the topic.

Reply #13
I feel Tips & Tricks should be about answers, not questions.  When someone discovers something potentially useful for other NWC users, this is the place to share it.  On the other hand, use the general forums for the "how do I ... ?" questions.
Since 1998

Reply #14
Agreed. The issue here is how to best accomplish this.

Reply #15
Thanks to Rick for the nudge, numerous question topics have been moved to the general NWC discussion area.