Skip to main content
Topic: Does Extra Note Space mean Extra Accidental Space, too? (Read 3056 times) previous topic - next topic

Does Extra Note Space mean Extra Accidental Space, too?

I noticed that when I gave a couple of notes more space that the distance between the accidentals & notes increaced as well.  Here's the example
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Bar
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:#4|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First,XNoteSpace=1
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:10|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End,XNoteSpace=1
|Rest|Dur:8th
|Note|Dur:8th,Accent|Pos:#5|Opts:XNoteSpace=1
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

One wouldn't think from this that the accidentals would get more space, too, would one?

Re: Does Extra Note Space mean Extra Accidental Space, too?

Reply #1
The extra note and accidental space is specifically intended for avoiding collisions when layering. When you move a note, the accidental stays in place. The note moves away from the accidental.

Reply #2
But I do believe that there is a slight bug in the extra note spacing in certain circumstances. I highlighted it before but for the record, here it is again.

Enter a quarter rest onto a staff, tails up.
Enter a quarter note tails down pitch B as a rest/note chord combination so that you have a "b" chorded with a rest.

Now enter another B as the next note. (Just an ordinary B, not a chord) tails down

Now, move back and highlight the B chorded with a rest. Hold Down ALT and press enter to get to the properties.

Change the extra note spacing to 3 and click OK.

The "B" in the chord now moves - but it moves directly layering the following B note making it effectively disappear.
Of course, any other following note other than a b and it would be quite apparent what had happened (but incorrect nevertheless).

Rich.

Reply #3
Confirmed.

RestChord does not handle note spacing correctly.

See attached.