Skip to main content
Topic: Feature Request: Note variation (Read 5337 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: Note variation

Here's some requests on the note which is quite basic on the score:

1) Additional Notehead
- Circled X for Whole and Half.     ... for Percussion's note (on Drums)
- Black diamond for Quarter ... 64th note.   ... also for Perccusion's note (on classical)
- White and Black Triangle ... note for Triangle (Perc.)
- "slash-like" ... for stroke on Guitar, Piano, chords. (see Band score on example)

As I'm writing Percussion parts on normal staff (5-lined) w/ F- (Drums & Rhythms),
or G-clef (Small and/or High-toned percussion).  So they are very appreciated.
They're for PRINTING scores.

2) Smaller Clefs for changing -- if printed so, its looks better.

Is it possible to be available them?  Please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Feature Request: Note variation

Reply #1
All of this can currently be done with a blank space notehead and a user font text entry.

That said, more noteheads would expand the flexibilty of NWC2, but what is needed first is the ability to specify what font to use as the system font. Having it hard coded to NWC2STDA is becoming a PITA.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
...but what is needed first is the ability to specify what font to use as the system font. Having it hard coded to NWC2STDA is becoming a PITA.

I [glow=red,2,300]wholeheartedly[/glow] concur.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
Not quite on topic, but just in case Hiroki isn't aware of it, you can have a one line staff if needed (F2 for staff properties), as well as a percussion clef.

Reply #4
Not quite on topic, but just in case Hiroki isn't aware of it, you can have a one line staff if needed (F2 for staff properties), as well as a percussion clef.

Thanks all.
As I'd been a member of school wind orchestra, playing percussions, I know of single-line
staff and perc. clefs.  However I just prefer 5-line staff (pops-style).  So I usually use that
kind of style.  That's all.

I'll look for other musical fonts for text-inserting.  And, anyway, looking forward to improving
system fonts and its use.

Hope that's becoming the point.

P.S. I'm just writing simple-and-some-broken English, so easier writing is appreciated.
Thank you.

Hiroki

Reply #5
For a smaller clef, Set User 1 to NWC2STDA, size=staff size and use something like this:
Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar
|Text|Text:"a  "|Font:User1|Pos:-1|Justify:Right|Placement:AtNextNote
|Clef|Type:Treble|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:0
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End

a=Treble, b=Bass, ]=Percussion
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
Dear Rick G. :

Thanks for your idea.  However, from next column, that clef should disappear
on the printout.  Will expect for next revision anyway.

Hiroki

Reply #7
I'd really like to see an extention of the grace note functionality so that I could use the small notes for things like Cadenzas easily.  I brought up on the old forum a cadenza from Monckton's country girl that was impossible to set up correctly using grace notes alone. (because there was a firm-set [and thus larger] note played at the same time as its start)